DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting up Mavic

NeilF

Reactions
I have had my Mavic for a a month now and want to adjust the settings. (Camera specifically etc.) Is it OK to link everything together for a period of time whilst doing this? I am a little nervous that when I tried this and the Mavic got quite warm. Applogies if this is a very basic question. Is there any other way of doing this as it seems you cannot do with controller and phone only.

I have had to do this a few times. It must be quite normal for the drone to warm up. Mine starts a cooling fan after a while.
Hope this helps

If you are little perturbed Neil, you could remove the props, sit them next to each arm, so you know where to put them back.....
And do all the tests you want!

Always remove the props.
Yes, perfectly safe to do it. If you fly the GO simulator for a few hours you can even drain the battery of RC and Mavic that way. It gets pretty warm but no problem, it stays within its limits.

If you are little perturbed Neil, you could remove the props, sit them next to each arm, so you know where to put them back.....
And do all the tests you want!
Really appreciate that ....and would not have taken props off...such a novice!

Always remove the props.
Yes, perfectly safe to do it. If you fly the GO simulator for a few hours you can even drain the battery of RC and Mavic that way. It gets pretty warm but no problem, it stays within its limits.
Thank you will check out the simulator...and take the props off!

Really appreciate that ....and would not have taken props off...such a novice!
and when you remount the props,hold the motor and without pushing down,put a little twist back and forth to insure the prop is locked in,,sure dont wanna lose one up in the air.

I have had to do this a few times. It must be quite normal for the drone to warm up. Mine starts a cooling fan after a while.
Hope this helps
have you noticed a fan noise on the RC?
i felt around and didnt feel any air escaping but it sure sounds like a fan

There is a cooling fan in the RC as well as the Mavic itself.

The fan in the Mavic should come on after a couple of minutes to cool it while it's sitting there. If it isn't, and the Mavic is getting too hot, I would be concerned that the cooling fan doesn't work.

Hi
Fan all fine...it was just the sitting there for a long period that I was concerned about. Have done what has been suggested and spent a good hour going through things. The bit that I had not realised was there were two settings one for the camera and one for the video and you can toggle between them ..I have not seen this mentioned before when I have looked on line. So obvious but the devil I see in the detail! Just wish it was not so windy that I could go and try it all out!

and when you remount the props,hold the motor and without pushing down,put a little twist back and forth to insure the prop is locked in,,sure dont wanna lose one up in the air.
Thank you for the tip.
Neil

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki