DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting Way Points Mission

tca

Reactions
Can I set a Way Points mission [ in the DJI 4 program ] on my desk top computer and then send it to my Mini I pad 4 to use with my Mavic Pro 2.....the way I do with the Litchi program

to use with my Mavic Air?

Can I set a Way Points mission [ in the DJI 4 program ] on my desk top computer and then send it to my Mini I pad 4 to use with my Mavic Pro 2.....the way I do with the Litchi program

to use with my Mavic Air?

only Litchi has a mission hub, DJI insist you fly the route and record the WP's.

Reactions: Steve Murray
Litchi Waypoints tilts the camera to stay on the POI (way cool) and with Hub you can go home and make adjustments on your desktop to improve the mission for later use or to share. This is even true with older drones that normally only use GO, not GO4 - such as my Phantom 3 4K. See the last few seconds of this video:
As you can see, the controller was at my side - all functions were Litchi.

After turning on drone and remote and connecting you can set a Waypoint mission without physically flying the route and save it. I works with the M2Z and a crystalsky monitor.

All well and good for the MP2 owners, not so for the MP1 owners as WP version two isnt for the MP1

I fly both my Mavic Pro and my Phantom 3 4K with the latest Litchi and Waypoints works the same on one bird requiring GO4 and the other designed for just GO - no problems. Maybe I'm operating on the BumbleBee theory; I don't know I can't do it, so I just go ahead and do it anyway.
This is an advanced Litchi Waypoints mission flown with the Phantom 3 4K:
Notice I'm holding the controller at my side - it's all Litchi.

new question would like to get some input.
I had a problem I got out about 4k feet with my M2-Z and my drone thankfully stopped. I it the RTH button and it came back.....had me freaked a bit..The caveat here is I was in way points with litchi app. When this occured I was under the impression that it was flying off waypoints and my only limit was to how much battery life I have. this is the first failure i have had with litchi.. I have not tried DJI waypoint function yet.. can any one add to this post ??

If I understand you correctly it didn't finish it's mission and it apparently still had enough battery (because it was still going...) at the point when you cancelled the mission (RTH). I've used Litchi for a couple years now and fly many missions that are as far (and much further) out. If the battery goes to the point where it has just enough to come back then it will abort the mission and come home in a straight line back to you. This is due to the 'smart return' setting in Litchi, if you have that turned on! So what you described and the way I understood it is not a failure on Litchi's part but more of a choice you made to end the mission and RTH. Am I misunderstanding your scenario?

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet