DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SFPD & Drones 2024

What a load of nonsense.
I wonder why you consistently rail against police??
Because I want to get ahead of and make sure we keep their drone usage under control. It's not my concern, it's the people's concern. Some of us are smart enough to realize what can happen should we allow this to get out of control. Take a look at a supposed free country like the UK for example when it comes to cameras and monitoring and rights. Magnify that times 10. Drones can and will play a role. The central problem (but not the only problem) focuses on the usage of law enforcement branch and in America (where it happens to be the police) since we tell the police what to do (and not the other way around), many of us want to make sure it stays that way. Many of us have learned the painful lessons the hard way although quite a few...have not.

So....now you don't have to "wonder" any longer. 🇺🇸

Because I want to get ahead of and make sure we keep their drone usage under control. It's not my concern, it's the people's concern. Some of us are smart enough to realize what can happen should we allow this to get out of control. Take a look at a supposed free country like the UK for example when it comes to cameras and monitoring and rights. Magnify that times 10. Drones can and will play a role. The central problem (but not the only problem) focuses on the usage of law enforcement branch and in America (where it happens to be the police) since we tell the police what to do (and not the other way around), many of us want to make sure it stays that way. Many of us have learned the painful lessons the hard way although quite a few...have not.

So....now you don't have to "wonder" any longer. 🇺🇸
Just more of the same nonsense.
Something tells me you have history with police ???

Reactions: Myetkt
So much to unpack...

Take a look at a supposed free country like the UK for example when it comes to cameras and monitoring and rights.
What does "supposed free" even mean? If you are going by human rights, the UK tends to score higher than the US in multiple categories. That is pretty well documented for restrictions against collective bargaining, sentencing guidelines for minors, unwarranted arrests, etc.
Source: University of Rhode Island, Center for Non-Violence and Peace Studies, Global Rights Project 2023 Annual Report.
(I tried to find a YouTube video with some guy yelling angry things into a mic but I had to settle for a peer-reviewed article based on statistical analysis. 🤷)

Many of us have learned the painful lessons the hard way although quite a few...have not.
What "painful lessons" were brought about by police surveillance? Do you have anything specific in mind?

Nope, it's what freedom looks like; don't recognize it, huh?
I don't recognize how you are using that word. What "freedom" have you lost by lawful police surveillance? Here in the US, we have basic human rights defined in the Constitution and by Federal and State laws. It works with and without flag emojiis.

The First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution imply privacy rights. This has been interpreted by the Supreme Court as defining zones of privacy. But you do not have a right to privacy in public places as you can be observed by other people sharing the same place. This is also applicable in the UK.

(I tried to find a YouTube video with some guy yelling angry things into a mic but I had to settle for a peer-reviewed article based on statistical analysis. )

That's because yelling angry things into a mic will get you locked up in the UK and most british citizens are afraid to speak out and redress their government which is why you'll find only "government-reviewed" articles. Never mind flying a drone in the wrong place, say the wrong thing (about a situation) and the crown will have you arrested even if it's just a video posted on YT or X. Subjects are already serving their jail time in a UK prison for speaking out of turn. UK is really big on anti-social behavior and it's a crime.

That's because yelling angry things into a mic will get you locked up in the UK and most british citizens are afraid to speak out and redress their government which is why you'll find only "government-reviewed" articles.
Freedom of expression in the UK is protected by the Human Rights Act (1998). Their laws do have prohibitions against abusive words or behaviors. What would be allowed in the US would not be allowed in the UK, but it's not as draconian as you have implied.

Subjects are already serving their jail time in a UK prison for speaking out of turn.
Do you have a source (other than an angry YT video) for that? Was it just "speaking out of turn" or did they say/write/post something like promoting terrorism or inciting violence?

Do you have a source (other than an angry YT video) for that? Was it just "speaking out of turn" or did they say/write/post something like promoting terrorism or inciting violence?
Not my story to tell; please check your favorite source for details. It's all there; you don't need my color commentary or biased opinion on it. I'm not sure what you like or don't like but if you want a suggestion, I can point you in the right direction. But I don't know what you consider "fake" or not so I'll pass and let you check up on it. Pretty easy to find, if you want to go straight to the government source, just tap into the law enforcement arrest database that are public record for August 2024. Ran across much of this because drone laws in the UK are turning the corner as well so there's that, too. Maybe check this channel: Geeksvana

Not my story to tell; please check your favorite source for details.

Actually, it is your story to tell. You made the claim.

It's particularly obnoxious to make a provocative claim, and when challenged, tell the other party to prove your assertion.

I guess your credibility isn't important to you? Are you aware that every time you do this, more and more people write you off as just pulling stuff out of your behind?

Biden just signed a bill allowing full unrestricted BVLOS flight by recreational drone pilots in Jamaica. Don't believe me? Look it up yourself. 🙄

Actually, it is your story to tell. You made the claim.

It's particularly obnoxious to make a provocative claim, and when challenged, tell the other party to prove your assertion.

I guess your credibility isn't important to you? Are you aware that every time you do this, more and more people write you off as just pulling stuff out of your behind?

Biden just signed a bill allowing full unrestricted BVLOS flight by recreational drone pilots in Jamaica. Don't believe me? Look it up yourself. 🙄
This is not a political forum so I'm not trying to get too involved into what will clearly become a long winded ordeal and getting further off topic. The news is obvious and I stated my opinion based on my observations (that's what free people do), not a claim. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧

I provided a link to the drone related information with more than enough details on the relevant drone topic, please help yourself. After you review it, if you have any questions, happy to reply to any specific requests other than "prove it!"

There should be concerns about any new technology placed in the hands of government, given government's proclivity on both sides of the ocean to abuse those they are supposed to serve. This isn't paranoia based on unfounded facts but rather paranoia based on actual actions. I love my country but my government, including its policing agencies, has lost all my trust through its past actions. Those who trust their government to do the right thing 100% of the time are fools.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2