DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shaking when transporting

Red_Pyro

Reactions
Hello,

Do any of you have some experience carrying the drone while biking? I want to take my mp3 with me in the alps while mountainbing, but while I won't be doing any downhill it may get shaky when being carried in the backpack.

When the drone is stored with the gimbal guard and locked with the little plastic part that you receive when it's shipped, is there any kind of threshold ? Or is the gimbal locked in some safe mode ?

Thanks

Hello,

Do any of you have some experience carrying the drone while biking? I want to take my mp3 with me in the alps while mountainbing, but while I won't be doing any downhill it may get shaky when being carried in the backpack.

When the drone is stored with the gimbal guard and locked with the little plastic part that you receive when it's shipped, is there any kind of threshold ? Or is the gimbal locked in some safe mode ?

Thanks
The guard protects the gimbal and camera from knocks that may damage it. There isn't a "brake" that holds it when off, just the natural resistance of the motors to movement when off. Although that's so weak you can jiggle the gimbal just by shaking the drone. You should be fine. Your drone survived shipping from the factory. If you have seen how delivery people handle boxes, you know that your drone will survive the shakes on it's ride in your backpack.

As long as the gimbal protector stays in place, you should be able to do what you describe. If you tumble off the bike and end up on the ground, that could be a bit more of a concern. There were some small cases for drone only applications that were available in the past for DJI products that you may want to consider.

Reactions: twickers14
your pfp is giving me nightmares
Says the member whose PFP looks like he is the last survivor of an all-out Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical War…

Goggle "Duck and Cover" a USA program from the '50s and '60s…

duck.jpg

That gave us kids real nightmares...

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Says the member whose PFP looks like he is the last survivor of an all-out Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical War…

Goggle "Duck and Cover" a USA program from the '50s and '60s…

View attachment 166031

That gave us kids real nightmares...
Come on man my PFP is from a psychopathic pyromaniac mercenary, how is that scary.

• Haha
Reactions: LoudThunder
psychopathic pyromaniac mercenary
Nah… You're right, how could that be scary…

I am Thunder… and I will be heard… L 🤣 L…

You Win!

I won.png

• Haha
Reactions: Red_Pyro
The hanging gimbal design on all other DJI drones is rather delicate.

The gimbal design on the Mini 3(P) is tough as a Grizzly Bear. The arm attaching on both sides make a ginormous² × googolplex difference. Don't worry about it.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13