DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sharing still photos taken with drones

JimSteadman

Reactions
I recently found a 2015 book entitled 'Dronescapes' with about 250 gorgeous photos taken by drones. Each photo is identified by Latitude and Longitude as well as the height of the drone when the image was taken. I found it an inspiration for me to look at this excellent drone photography. It refers to a website known as Dronestagram, which is evidently no longer in operation. Is there some comparable site displaying only photos (not videos) taken from drones as a source of inspiration for those of us tired of shooting the same shots over and over?

You might try DJI's own SkyPixel site.

I don't use it myself but it's there in the app to connect and share your content with other DJI users.

Is there some comparable site displaying only photos (not videos) taken from drones as a source of inspiration for those of us tired of shooting the same shots over and over?
As mentioned, there's Skypixel

Or have a look here:

Reactions: JimSteadman
I recently found a 2015 book entitled 'Dronescapes' with about 250 gorgeous photos taken by drones. Each photo is identified by Latitude and Longitude as well as the height of the drone when the image was taken. I found it an inspiration for me to look at this excellent drone photography. It refers to a website known as Dronestagram, which is evidently no longer in operation. Is there some comparable site displaying only photos (not videos) taken from drones as a source of inspiration for those of us tired of shooting the same shots over and over?
I treat my drone still images like any other images. what's the problem? Just download the SD card to your desk top by dragging the files from the DCIM folder to the desktop. Then label the folder and proceed. I usually sort into two folders or even three folders- e.g.: drone stills JPG, drone stills DNG, and drone videos.

I treat my drone still images like any other images. what's the problem? Just download the SD card to your desk top by dragging the files from the DCIM folder to the desktop. Then label the folder and proceed. I usually sort into two folders or even three folders- e.g.: drone stills JPG, drone stills DNG, and drone videos.
Dale - I was not having a problem. Just seeking inspiration. I was finding countless photos OF drones, but seeking photos taken by drones. And thanks to the other responses I have found some.

Reactions: cb4ishoot
Dale - I was not having a problem. Just seeking inspiration. I was finding countless photos OF drones, but seeking photos taken by drones. And thanks to the other responses I have found some.
So sorry for my misunderstanding.

Some replies mentioned Skypixel. I've used it for 11 years. My recent shots are 360° panoramas taken in 17 countries around the world.
My Skypixel Page Link

Reactions: dozzn
11 years? Perhaps you are thinking of something else
Skypixel appeared about 6.5 years ago.
You are correct, I began flying drones 11 years ago and it was a number of years before I bought a DJI P3Pro. My first Skypixel post was in 2014.

So was mine ... we both joined in Nov 2014, just after it opened.
Made my first YouTube drone post in Dec 2011. It's interesting to look at the old stuff. Drones are so much better and less costly today. Still have that drone from YT #1 and it still flies.

Reactions: MA2 317

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000