DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ships graveyard . . . Port River, Adelaide, South Australia

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have taken maybe a dozen photos with the M1P since owning it nearly 2 years.
Mostly I am always taking video.

Today I wanted to try out a few things with photos.
I use my NISI C-PL, so about 1-1/2 stops and hopefully cut a bit of glare off the water.

Here's a few of the ships graveyard, located in the Port River, Adelaide, South Australia (GOOGLE MAPS)

DJI_0103lr.jpg DJI_0104lr.jpg DJI_0105lr.jpg

Mostly old barges and cargo hulks, there are some more well known ones nearby, but that requires a 1.2km one way flight, was too windy today, another day in our upcoming summer will do those.

This one is located a few km away down river, scrapped in a tidal creek.
(Drove to it :) )

DJI_0112lr.jpg DJI_0117lr.jpg

The Brother in laws Air from above . . .

DJI_0118lr.jpg

I have raw photos as well, one day when I get a proper editor, I will have a go at those.
These were mainly resized, a tiny bit of adjustment with light, some a touch of vignette, about it.

On the trip home, we stopped at a beach with rocky shoreline, wanted to try my ND64 to see how it might capture water motion.
Was too windy, but seemed to work ok for just after noon.

DJI_0128lr.jpg
Only 1/4 second exp at iso100, might need darker time of day / darker place like waterfall surrounded by tree canopy etc.

and with no filter
DJI_0129lr.jpg

Interesting photos. Thanks for sharing.

Hope to spend bit more time on the photos, get the hang of composing them from above and general settings etc.

One day I might move up to a better DJI (or other) drone when tech comes up just a little more, and photos can be improved over the 12mp.

Flying interstate in a few hours, and will have a couple of hours to edit a nice oil / chemical tanker video I shot as it came down the river to depart port.
Will probably post that up tonight.

I have spent some time kayaking around that area. Did you manage to see any dolphins from the air?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair