DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shooting a video of a condo, do i need to do any kind permit? at the beach? (have license)

Reactions
Once i have license... when shooting a video for example of a condo, do i need to do any kind of paperwork or anything... i mean, if i shoot a video all arround a condo, or pool? i live in miami fl

Can use drone on the beach?

Thanks

Once i have license... when shooting a video for example of a condo, do i need to do any kind of paperwork or anything... i mean, if i shoot a video all arround a condo, or pool? i live in miami fl

Can use drone on the beach?

Thanks
What license? What is the purpose of the video? Local laws might apply to the beach, all things you need to use due diligence in figuring out for yourself. If for any kind of commercial venture then a 107 certification is required.

I doubt if your just doing a one off you will have any issue, but legally with the FAA you would not be in accordance with their mandates. Depends on neighbors and such, but if you don't have appropriate insurance for commercial operations (If doing so) and notify neighbors and such as required, police may be called. LEOs aren't the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to "Drones" So things could get escalated, more than likely not...but you want to make sure you have the "i's dotted and T's crossed. ;)

Your biggest issue is with other people who may have appropriate credentials observe you and question you as to what your doing on "their" turf and taking their business away...then things could get nasty...ask me how I know...it's a dog eat dog world out there. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: wallyhenderson
I have been in your area several times for vacation and there are several no fly zones so you would have to get that approved first. Then you would have to check your local laws in that area.
Then the next thing is flying over people is not allowed but from a distance could be done. Then you would have to check with the condo association to see it there is anything that has to be approved.
It can be done but there will be limits.
FAA gives you rights with air space but where you take off will make a difference.
The beaches are less crowded at certain times and I am sure you know that but that would be the best time.

Reactions: wallyhenderson
What license? What is the purpose of the video? Local laws might apply to the beach, all things you need to use due diligence in figuring out for yourself. If for any kind of commercial venture then a 107 certification is required.

I doubt if your just doing a one off you will have any issue, but legally with the FAA you would not be in accordance with their mandates. Depends on neighbors and such, but if you don't have appropriate insurance for commercial operations (If doing so) and notify neighbors and such as required, police may be called. LEOs aren't the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to "Drones" So things could get escalated, more than likely not...but you want to make sure you have the "i's dotted and T's crossed. ;)

Your biggest issue is with other people who may have appropriate credentials observe you and question you as to what your doing on "their" turf and taking their business away...then things could get nasty...ask me how I know...it's a dog eat dog world out there. :)
Would be a real estate video, im realtor

Do i need a insurance for a mavic mini?

Some type of Liability insurance generally higher than most carry, you would need to speak to your agent and explain your interest in using a UAS in your profession you may need to expand your coverage. Again your really treading a thin line with your knowledge of the subject and what must be in place before proceeding if you wish to go forward in this sector of commercial operations... That was said with no malice...just letting you know before you get a serious fine or such. Far to many people in the insurance/roofing and reality professions just buy and fly with no knowledge of what they are doing in accordance of the laws.

A mavic mini requires no registration (In US) when flying for hobby. BUT your flying commercial...and you must register it and obtain a 107 Certification (Commercial endorsement). And thus carry Insurance for that operation. I know many "pilots" that fly with their systems and carry a million dollar rider provision, but they aren't filming houses (Well some do)

For instance...your flying your mini and the wind gets it, it flails into the neighbors yard where small children are playing..it smacks a toddler in the face and cuts his eye cornea, thus blinding him for life...do you have enough insurance to cover that lawsuit? Worst case scenario possibly...but plausible, thus the reason people carry insurance in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE CYBORG
Some type of Liability insurance generally higher than most carry, you would need to speak to your agent and explain your interest in using a UAS in your profession you may need to expand your coverage. Again your really treading a thin line with your knowledge of the subject and what must be in place before proceeding if you wish to go forward in this sector of commercial operations... That was said with no malice...just letting you know before you get a serious fine or such. Far to many people in the insurance/roofing and reality professions just buy and fly with no knowledge of what they are doing in accordance of the laws.

A mavic mini requires no registration (In US) when flying for hobby. BUT your flying commercial...and you must register it and obtain a 107 Certification (Commercial endorsement). And thus carry Insurance for that operation. I know many "pilots" that fly with their systems and carry a million dollar rider provision, but they aren't filming houses (Well some do)

For instance...your flying your mini and the wind gets it, it flails into the neighbors yard where small children are playing..it smacks a toddler in the face and cuts his eye cornea, thus blinding him for life...do you have enough insurance to cover that lawsuit? Worst case scenario possibly...but plausible, thus the reason people carry insurance in the first place.

I understand, thanks for taking your time to explain

Reactions: THE CYBORG
There is no FAA mandate for insurance. That is 100% up to each individual drone owner.

Personally, I don't fly without it. And many of my clients require it. I carry a $5M liability policy. Most people don't need that, but I do.

Since you're a Realtor, check with your breakage owner and see if they have any additional requirements for their agents when it comes to drones and insurance. And they may even carry it as a broker. If so, you may not need it yourself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada