DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shooting log in intelligent flight modes

dilby

Reactions
Hi all - I notice if I try using intelligent flight modes an .mp4 is recorded rather than a .mov and it's not shot in the d-cinelike flat profile. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Unfortunately no. The tracking feature is compute intensive, so there are a bunch of features that also lean heavily on GPU power that are disabled. Another that really disappoints is no 4k/60 when tracking.

The D-Cinelike absence puzzles me, as that doesn't seem to be something that would need much processing, but I don't know the internals of the GPU.

The forced MP4 container sounds like a bug. No reason at all the video stream can't be put in a MOV container. No processing penalty for that at all.

There are a bazillion (a bajillion²) free tools that can repackage the h264 stream in a MOV container. Google is your friend:

Last edited:
There are no visual differences in video packaged in either mp4 or mov. It may matter to other post-processing software be pending on your computer environment. - Mac, PC, Unix.

Unfortunately no. The tracking feature is compute intensive, so there are a bunch of features that also lean heavily on GPU power that are disabled. Another that really disappoints is no 4k/60 when tracking.

The D-Cinelike absence puzzles me, as that doesn't seem to be something that would need much processing, but I don't know the internals of the GPU.

The forced MP4 container sounds like a bug. No reason at all the video stream can't be put in a MOV container. No processing penalty for that at all.

There are a bazillion (a bajillion²) free tools that can repackage the h264 stream in a MOV container. Google is your friend:

Thanks. I have to assume it's just a way of forcing pros to buy more expensive models!

Thanks. I have to assume it's just a way of forcing pros to buy more expensive models!
I see that tongue firmly planted in your cheek there 😆 Seriously though, any professional would know all about MP4, MOV, and stream containers, so it wouldn't work 😀

It's a bug.

I see that tongue firmly planted in your cheek there 😆 Seriously though, any professional would know all about MP4, MOV, and stream containers, so it wouldn't work 😀

It's a bug.

Actually I’m serious - I’m not talking about the file type or codec, purely log footage. Disabling this feature in intelligent mode is surely a business decision by DJI

Actually I’m serious - I’m not talking about the file type or codec, purely log footage. Disabling this feature in intelligent mode is surely a business decision by DJI
Ahhh, I was talking about the forced container. Pretty sure that's just a bug.

The 10-bit dlog is a different issue, and you may be on to something there. If it's available in Enterprise M3's and not consumer M3's, they may be playing that game.

If missing from the Mini3P but in the Mavic 3 Pro, probably hardware compute capacity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas