DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy Mini 2 that has a small crack for $300

My opinion is NO.
If you can glue or replace the shell; that's great.
However, you have to ask yourself what has happened to the insides.
I have had several broken ribs over the years...after a couple weeks the bruises are gone, but the damage is still there. But unlike the human body, electronic components don't continue to repair themselves. What ever got bounced around inside when that damage was caused to the outside has not been fixed.

Reactions: Thomas B
My opinion is NO.
If you can glue or replace the shell; that's great.
However, you have to ask yourself what has happened to the insides.
I have had several broken ribs over the years...after a couple weeks the bruises are gone, but the damage is still there. But unlike the human body, electronic components don't continue to repair themselves. What ever got bounced around inside when that damage was caused to the outside has not been fixed.
I would not risk my money to buy damaged things from others...

Reactions: NG Wildman
I missed the cause of the crack. Was it a crash, was it damaged in storage, was it damaged by the arm being pulled out instead of rotated in to place? If it was the latter I might consider it, but not for that asking price. Bit of a gamble in any case.

I would say NO, you would not want to fly it with a crack. On my preflight check list asks to check for Cracks in the hull. You may want to do a search function in the upper right hand corner, type in crack in hull, or glueing crack in hull. I remember same question was asked last year, don't remember the answer. Try doing a Query, try different wording.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark