DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I do a IMU Calibration?

MavicPro

Reactions
Alright so I was flying my Mavic in front of my house, showing my neighbor how incredible this drone is which sort of distracted me, well it's dark out so I turned VPS sensors off. I only hovered 10 or so feet off the ground. When I came down to land usually the VPS sensors stop the Mavic a foot or so off the ground then will land a few seconds later while holding down on the left stick, well since VPS was off the Mavic didn't stop and landed a little hard. Nothing major but hard enough to make me want to come here and ask if I should do a IMU cal. What do you guys think?

Interesting as those ultasonic sensors on the bottom should not be affected by low light although the precision landing camera would be, I would have left them on.

Anyway, I wouldn't bother with the IMU calibration unless DJI requests one.

Reactions: MavicPro
Interesting as those ultasonic sensors on the bottom should not be affected by low light although the precision landing camera would be, I would have left them on.

Anyway, I wouldn't bother with the IMU calibration unless DJI requests one.
The reason I turned them off is my P4P acts funny flying in the late evening or at night unless I turn off the VPS. So I figured the Mavic Pro would be the same.

I turned everything back on when I got home. No warnings, everything normal. It probably looked alot worse in my mind than it actually was since I am extremely careful with my mavic. I treat it like a egg shell. Haha.

The reason I turned them off is my P4P acts funny flying in the late evening or at night unless I turn off the VPS. So I figured the Mavic Pro would be the same.

I turned everything back on when I got home. No warnings, everything normal. It probably looked alot worse in my mind than it actually was since I am extremely careful with my mavic. I treat it like a egg shell. Haha.
I am the same but saw a "mavic durability" video on YouTube. They are quite tough apart from the gimbal.

Alright so I was flying my Mavic in front of my house, showing my neighbor how incredible this drone is which sort of distracted me, well it's dark out so I turned VPS sensors off. I only hovered 10 or so feet off the ground. When I came down to land usually the VPS sensors stop the Mavic a foot or so off the ground then will land a few seconds later while holding down on the left stick, well since VPS was off the Mavic didn't stop and landed a little hard. Nothing major but hard enough to make me want to come here and ask if I should do a IMU cal. What do you guys think?
With VPS off, the Magic will not slow down on landing and you will bounce off the ground. This will happen during the day or night, if downward VPS is off. Leave it on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR