DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I Repair this Damaged Bottom Cover?

Simplicity

Reactions
Hi there!

I just crashed my DJI Mavic Mini yesterday and after close inspection, the only part that seems to be damaged is this bottom cover:

B24244BB-EA83-47FB-BBE4-14955F623CC7_1_102_o.jpegD9CAC36D-335F-41B5-87B8-9A692275B5E6_1_102_o.jpeg

So I just wanted to ask, if I should replace it and if yes, where to buy the part. Even if I don't have to replace it, I would still like to take it off once to re-aline all the pins and fix the crack, so has anyone a recommendation for a tutorial on how to do this? I would also appreciate to hear about any tipps and tricks regarding this matter.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

should I replace it ?
Yes
Tutorial = google "dismantle mavic mini" and watch several videos, some repairers are ham fisted. You will have to judge for yourself which one you should follow. I'd warm the plastics a bit with a hair dryer first, that might reduce clip breakage.

One thing that you might find is the the rear left screw has stripped the female threads out of the corresponding hole, I have one mini like that and the stripped threads are not detrimental. DO NOT try a bigger screw or a bodge, just leave the screw out. If that worries you then you are looking at a complete rebuild to replace the middle shell, quite easy if you have the tools but not everyone's cup of tea.

Where to get it ? Try googling "bottom cover DJI mavic mini", my guess is ebay or one of the Chinese OEM sellers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
judging by the small amount of damage that is evident from the pics then because of the age of the drone ,personally i would just very carefully apply a small amount of super glue along the cracks and snap it back in place ,and hold it till the glue sets try it dry first to see if it will go back in place

Reactions: Beet
judging by the small amount of damage that is evident from the pics then because of the age of the drone ,personally i would just very carefully apply a small amount of super glue along the cracks and snap it back in place ,and hold it till the glue sets try it dry first to see if it will go back in place
Sorry OMM did you realise there are two photos there, that got me too at first, click on the left hand one.
Perhaps the OP might like to edit the post and try to put a space in between the two photos
LHS

Sorry OMM did you realise there are two photos there, that got me too at first, click on the left hand one.
Perhaps the OP might like to edit the post and try to put a space in between the two photos
LHS
I see them both next or ontop of eachother depending if I open the post on my laptop or my phone and since OMM said „pics“, the problem might be on your side.

I see them both next or ontop of eachother depending if I open the post on my laptop or my phone and since OMM said „pics“, the problem might be on your side.
Odd, on computer they are siamesed, on tablet they are vertically separated.

Ahh I missed the plural but there's no way I would glue that.

my advice about glueing the cracked portion back was based on the age of the drone and the fact that the piece that is cracked is not really structural in as much as holding the rear arm on
of course the person who ownes the drone, can choose to do whatever they want ,in regards to a repair
my advice was my personal preference ,given the circumstances

Reactions: Beet
Since the crack was really minor and the part doesn't seem to be of any structural importance, apart from the little legs the drone rests on when taking off, I decided to fix the broken part.

After detaching the two screws holding it in place, I was able to losen the back end enough to force the slipped-out pin back into place and re-aline the two sides of the crack after making it more flexible by warming the part up with a hairdryer. Since I didn't want to remove the part as a whole, to avoid the risk of braking any pins, I couldn't glue the crack, but since it re-alined so perfectly and the screw, that is screwed into the foot, still worked and fixed the foot into place just fine, I think it's the best to leave it like that.

Here are the after pics, if anyone is interested:

3697E53F-EE2D-4FD4-9424-3CC2B5B760F0_1_102_o.jpeg9621C187-E71C-48EF-9E06-C94279E7ACD8_1_102_o.jpeg

I would appreciate, if you could share your thoughts about my solution down below!

Thank you all very much for the fast and great help!

@Simplicity as @Cafguy says above there are differences in viscosity of glues ,be sparing with how you apply it, do it in stages, allowing it to harden between aplications,untill you build up a nice fillet of glue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr