DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I worry?

tomislaw

Reactions
He!

This is my first post here, of course, because of a problem

The drone was set in to the Quick Shot mode (Circle), it began OK; in one moment it began speed up and then happened this. There was no errors. Here are the flights records. It was a bit windy, but there was not one warning about high wind velocity. Should I be worried?

Here is the record .

And the video

Interesting how the log says you entered Active Track. Perhaps someone with more knowhow can tell if the logs should or should not make a distinction between quickshots.

Reactions: tomislaw
Interesting how the log says you entered Active Track. Perhaps someone with more knowhow can tell if the logs should or should not make a distinction between quickshots.

Yes, this is confusing, it was a quickshot, not active track. :/

I must say, I did the same day another 3-4 flights, without any problems or warnings. Is it possible that it was just a sudden "wind attack"?

I must say, I did the same day another 3-4 flights, without any problems or warnings. Is it possible that it was just a sudden "wind attack"?
That might very well be the case. Of course I cannot confirm that since I can't properly examine logs, but the quad does appear to be at a height where it is susceptible to wind shears that you don't necessarily encounter at ground level. Especially at the beginning of the video it looks like it encounters some abrupt heavy wind.

I found that the heavy wind warning does not always occur. Perhaps this warning is related to motor RPM compared to travel speed, and that it usually only occurs when the drone has to fight the wind instead of getting pushed around by it. Though that's just an educated guess.

Btw, did you have any compass errors?

That might very well be the case. Of course I cannot confirm that since I can't properly examine logs, but the quad does appear to be at a height where it is susceptible to wind shears that you don't necessarily encounter at ground level. Especially at the beginning of the video it looks like it encounters some abrupt heavy wind.

I found that the heavy wind warning does not always occur. Perhaps this warning is related to motor RPM compared to travel speed, and that it usually only occurs when the drone has to fight the wind instead of getting pushed around by it. Though that's just an educated guess.

Btw, did you have any compass errors?

Nothing, 0 errors at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78