DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should the gimble be able to be scrolled upward beyond the horizontal?

Mantrain

Reactions
Just wondering because I was getting some gimbal overload error messages after I flew once but I watched a video which suggested to turn on the drone while holding the unit sideways. I am not currently getting any gimbal error messages however when flying or whenever I cannot scroll the gimble upward. I am not sure there is a big need to and maybe that is why I cannot??? Still certainly the gimble appears to have that free range of motion. But when I scroll it down and scroll it back up, it will not go higher than 90 degrees and I thought I could make it go higher before but I could be wrong. thanks!

edit:

I figured it out. the setting wasn't selected under control.
Would be curious to know how others have their gimbo settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
I am still getting gimbo overload error messages sometimes. They go away after flying but I should never be getting those right? The drone is only a week old or less I wonder if I should exchange it at Best Buy.

and there is no way to move the gimble right to left or side to side? That seems odd.

You might check the back of the gimbal for a shipping sticker that was overlooked when unboxing.

It's happened before.

=

Reactions: Mike Drop
Yes. I nearly missed that small transparent strip of adhesive that apparently holds the gimbal in place during shipping.

I am still getting gimbo overload error messages sometimes. They go away after flying but I should never be getting those right? The drone is only a week old or less I wonder if I should exchange it at Best Buy.

and there is no way to move the gimble right to left or side to side? That seems odd.
I would love to have an easy way to turn the gimbal to the side while flying forward but it isn't in the software.

As others have suggested.... look to make sure all the stickers are off the gimbal from shipping. If you are getting gimbal overload errors then take a picture of the error (screenshot) for evidence and exchange the Air 2S while it is still new. It is not likely to get better down the road.

I would love to have an easy way to turn the gimbal to the side while flying forward but it isn't in the software.

You can slide your finger around the screen to move the gimbal left / right - up / down.

It's not exactly easy since you need your hands for the sticks but it's possible.

Need a controller with three gimbal dials. Tilt, zoom, pan and a couple of extra fingers .:D

Reactions: Saladshooter
In camera /gimbal settings there is an option to allow gimbal to go above 90 deg

Thank you for the reminder.... I have used the touch screen function a few times but its not smooth enough to integrate into a video and the props enter the shot fairly quickly.

First go to the three dots menu in the top right corner, Control tab, and search for a toggle called Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation. Turn that on. After that you might try to Auto Calibrate the Gimbal by clicking Gimbal Calibration, then Auto, in the same Control menu tab.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes