DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should "this" be repaired, or is the drone OK to fly?

Haven’t gotten it back yet since I dropped it off at the local DJI store/shop.... hopefully later today.

The likely damage was a a limit-of-travel stop broken off the inner end of the pivot shaft.

Following crashing my Zoom I encountered the same symptoms, i.e. rear arm that would lift (when the drone was throttled up etc.) and the drone would occasionally get the shakes in mid air. Repair in this case probably means replacing the arm, the break surface is almost certainly contaminated with grease so I doubt gluing the stop back in place is feasible even if you can find the broken of stop, (Mine was stuck, by grease, in the circunferential groove, in the pivot's bore, in which the stop slides.)
I replaced the arm, it came with a motor so it was more or less a straight swap.

The likely damage was a a limit-of-travel stop broken off the inner end of the pivot shaft.

Following crashing my Zoom I encountered the same symptoms, i.e. rear arm that would lift (when the drone was throttled up etc.) and the drone would occasionally get the shakes in mid air. Repair in this case probably means replacing the arm, the break surface is almost certainly contaminated with grease so I doubt gluing the stop back in place is feasible even if you can find the broken of stop, (Mine was stuck, by grease, in the circunferential groove, in the pivot's bore, in which the stop slides.)
I replaced the arm, it came with a motor so it was more or less a straight swap.
P

Hello,
Please replace the arm. The gyro system is working overtime as it is. With weakened drone structures, it's no good. Plus, your quad will last longer.
Best of luck to you!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929