DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will Strobe Placement Between Two Rear Sensors on Mavic 2 Pro Interfere with 2 Rear Obstacle Avoidance Sensors?

Reactions
My main purpose for the strobe is to increase visibility of M2P drone orientation at a distance for certain jobs...not for night flying. I need rear placement and want it there semi-permanently. I can't use Aerial-Pixel (AP) on legs. I have 10, 6g, HeiyRC for 5 drones. Most don't fit AP or are too bulky. But I do have a call into Ryan at AP...but he's at a conference right now. Will call back.

If I place strobes on rear legs, I have to remove strobe from velcro each time so M2P folds properly or there's a big gap when trying to fold. This can cause stress on leg rotational joint over time. See Pic.

But even if I remove strobe each time, the remaining velcro half on leg means I have to slightly lift the rear arm for it to fold properly and get the leg over the remaining 3M Dual Velcro, 1/8", see pic. This also places a slight stress on leg rotation joint, which over time could be a problem. 3M Dual Velcro is very stiff and doesn't give very much.

Also, each time I would remove the strobe, I also have to grip the strobe itself or pry from one end, causing a bending of strobe circuit board. I have had to do this. The 3M Dual Velcro is a tiger! I have lost strobes with Mickey Mouse velcro, which is why I use 3M Dual. Good news...Bad News.

So, I want to place one HeiyRC between the rear two sensors and keep it there until needing to replace. I will carve out the foam of my molded case to accommodate the thickness of the strobe + 3M Dual Velcro thickness.,

But, I am concerned about compromising the two rear sensors. Due to health issues, I can't test the effect on the two rear sensors or I wouldn't bother the forum. FYI...I couldn't find this anywhere on forum before posting.

Your thoughts...

Attachments

• Want Rear Strobe Between Sensor.jpg
    Want Rear Strobe Between Sensor.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Can't Place Strobe X.jpg
    Can't Place Strobe X.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Strobe Prevents Folding Remove.jpg
    Strobe Prevents Folding Remove.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Velcro 1:8 inch.jpg
    Velcro 1:8 inch.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 10
Solution?! Just saw this after posting! I would have to chip in another $79 for two strobes. But willing to do so if it solves my problem. It says it works with all Mavic 2 models. I'm interpreting that my Mavic 2 Pro fits that description. Has any one used this? Your experience?

Will contact!

Attachments

• New M2P Solution.jpg
    New M2P Solution.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 7
  • New M2P solution 2.jpg
    New M2P solution 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7
Just talked to vendor....these will work. They are FireHouse. Placed an order.

This just proves the value of this forum and all its' members...I post a problem and have a solution within 30 minutes...great job, guys! ;)

FYI....he said the placement of the my HeiyRC between the two rear sensors would have worked without any disturbance to the sensors in case someone else wants to do!

Reactions: Mrprop365
I have used those mounts and the Firehouse strobe advertised on my M2 Pro for the same reason. It works great.

Reactions: EricJT
Good to know...I always have some buyers remorse before I even receive a new item...I guess I need a drone psychologist...I think you're it! ;>)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078