DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro rear leds do not work

Rotowings

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello all, I have question about the rear leds on the motor legs do not work at all

I had a bad crash last week and after replacing both rear are/motors, left leg/motor and the ESC ribbon cable everything is working except the rear leds .

I can’t find a way to turn them on or off ???? Any ideas ??? Mavic 2 pro. All firmware up to date no alerts anywhere

Are you certain you replaced the connections in the correct places?

See 7th photo

As far as I'm aware, the rear leds cannot be manually switched on the M2, so something from the crash has affected their operation.
This thread on the forum earlier 2021 sees where the rear leds stop working on the Air2, just during start up / flight ops, but as per post 12 they do work when connected up via DJI assistant (for firmware upgrade etc).

The rear status lights never turn on

Did you do anything with firmware updates on the M2 recently ?
As per the posts from just after that, it was a firmware bug in that case, so maybe worth checking to both see if they come on when connected to Assistant 2, and also try a firmware update or refresh ?

If not working, then you either have blown leds, unlikely to be so unlucky . . . more likely some sort of power supply issue form wherever that is taken from, or a connection wiring issue.

Yes they are connected correctly, firmware is up to date with current version.

I saw a fix that some got from DJI but is was for an Android not Apple ??? They are not blow, easy to test them with a 3 volt battery they do work with the battery. ????????

Hello all, I have question about the rear leds on the motor legs do not work at all

I had a bad crash last week and after replacing both rear are/motors, left leg/motor and the ESC ribbon cable everything is working except the rear leds .

I can’t find a way to turn them on or off ???? Any ideas ??? Mavic 2 pro. All firmware up to date no alerts anywhere
Good news, after replacing. Both rear leg/motors, left front leg/motor, ESC board and the flex cable ESC to Core. All about $ 300.00 for a friggin 60 foot drop after the rear prop departed in flight a week ago…
My Mavic 2 Pro is flying again. Without the rear LEDS, I have a request with DJI For assistance…

I found a great DJI parts company. “ Cloud City Drones “. They have almost everything to rebuild a DJI except the CORE Broad’s. Makes sense that’s the brains of the Drone…. Had my parts the next day.. Yesterday, ordered them on Thursday. GREAT SERVICE. CloudCityDrones.com

It’s very windy here today in NJ so I may be flying today. As Private Pilot for over 25 years I always keep an eye open the weather. It’s just my thing LOL

Maybe some indoors FPV flying if my wife goes out shopping. That’s is, she’s freaks out when I fly in doors. LOL

Keep ‘em spinning Guys :)

Where what it took to get my Mavic 2 Pro flyiong again after the crash last week….

Attachments

• D365CBC1-59EB-4D59-9F7A-649587493269.jpeg
    D365CBC1-59EB-4D59-9F7A-649587493269.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 7

As you can see from the photo the leds do work, here I’m powering them from a 3 volt button battery.. this is one of the read legs in replaced.. 8B89C801-765D-4857-ADC1-BA159BB7D208.jpeg

Are those the replaced arms? If so what's wrong with them?
What voltages exist at the connection points on the replaced board?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those the replaced arms? If so what's wrong with them?
What voltages exist at the connection points on the replaced boards?
No these are the ones I removed due to ESC N03 error. But I actually beleive it was the flex ribbon cable. ESC to CORE After replacing the flex cable all errors cleared but still no REAR LEDS

Dont know the voltage readings,

Let me rephrase my post, are those components, shown in post 6, the ones you took out of the crashed drone? The arms look good enough to be the new/replacement arms.
I would suggest you measure the voltages at the connection points where the the LED wiring is soldered to the board.

how can I get a voltage reading when I have to pull battery to get to board..

Good question, I'd add/solder 'flying leads' to the connection points and run them out past the battery, just make sure you know which lead is which. I recollect powering my M2Z up with the top shell not replaced, just to check everything was ok following my repairs.

That’s a great idea….. ill give that try. Any idea what voltage I should see ?? Green leds will normally lite at3 volts dc..

Morning All Pilots

I have some GREAT News. My Mavic 2 Pro is back to 100% working order after a few crashes last week. I replaced both rear arm/motors, left front arm/motor, the ESC board and the ESC to COR board flex cable. Which i think was the cause of all thelse replacements, that flex cable runs along the side of the ESC board and is taped to the side. I’m think it was crushed in the first crash when my right rear prop came off inflight dropping my Mavic like a brick

The only issue i had after all that was the rear leg LEDS would not come on at all, i tested with a 3 volt button battery and they did light up.. after reading every post i could find i found one from one of our very own members. “ Saturnone “. He gets the Honorary “ DUDE” degree. I ran his fix on my Mavic just a few minutes ago and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, His fix corrected the issue, rear LEDS are now working. EXCELLENT WORK Saturnone “ DUDE “

There is a small code that his fix runs and BINGO they are working. ..

Thanks to this Forum I’m back in the air….

This fix is under his handle. “ Mavic 2 pro rear leds not working “. I don’t want to post it without his permission.

Thank you Saturnone

5E6A40A6-9E7C-48AF-B941-C51050F09226.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag