DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Strobe lights

3rdof5

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Greetings Pilots,
I've been searching in here for Mavic 3 specific info regarding strobes and placement and have not found anything relevant.
Two questions:
If I mount a strobe on the top, where exactly is the GPS sensor so as not to cover it up.
And being that the Mavic 3 has full 360 degrees obstacle avoidance, where can the strobes be mounted (on the arms for eg) so as not to interfere with the sensors. Yes I realize obstacle avoidance is unavailable at night but extra visibility during the day would be nice.
There are many types of strobes available but I would appreciate any advice from a Mavic 3 owner who has a good strobe setup.
My thought is to have a red and green (port and starboard) on the front arms and a white upward facing strobe towards the rear. Is there a better idea?

Not disappointed with these products.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I purchased some lil guys off ebay. Still looking for a better quality option, but these work ok for now.
Colour changing with many options.

Reactions: skycam509
Back to one of my questions, can I assume the GPS module is under the DJI logo

It's above the camera.

Here's a teardown video replacing the GPS module.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and 3rdof5
Wow! Nice to see inside. So people are mounting strobes over top of the GPS module with no issues??? Not sure I'd trust that...

That's why I have mine on the arms.

1679839676280.png

I ordered the SYMIK 3 pack (GS 600 x1 and GS350 x2) from Amazon.com.
Had to order from the US as these are not on Amazon.ca

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone for your help!
I'm curious, after looking at many Mavics with Strobes and their mounting location strategy, I'm wondering if anyone has considered or tried mounting the forward strobes on the forward sides of the aircraft itself, just behind the forward obstacle sensors instead of on the arms. IMO that would display a more accurate course heading from above or below and would interfere less with props. I think it would look better too. Opinions?

Wow! Nice to see inside. So people are mounting strobes over top of the GPS module with no issues??? Not sure I'd trust that...
I didn't even know where my GPS module was located nor did I even consider it. Have had it on my Mavic 3 for over a year and fly out 3-4 miles on a regular basis. Guess mine is mounted over the GPS module. If it effects my GPS, it isn't enough to care about.

Attachments

• Delete drone.jpg
    Delete drone.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 12
I didn't even know where my GPS module was located nor did I even consider it. Have had it on my Mavic 3 for over a year and fly out 3-4 miles on a regular basis. Guess mine is mounted over the GPS module. If it effects my GPS, it isn't enough to care about.
This is where I have mine mounted also on my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro. I have had zero issues with this mounting location and have been flying for over a year with it there on the Mavic 3.

Reactions: 3rdof5
No issues with them mounted on top of any of my DJI models, including the Mavic 3. Never heard of a problem report either, just speculation about possible problems.

Well I plan to mount my upward white strobe rearward, just ahead of the DJI logo. But for curiosity sake, I will test the satelite numbers with and without the strobe sitting over the GPS module before mounting it and see if there is actually any difference at all.
Also my idea above about mounting the forward strobes on the aircraft body rather than the arms "might" not work. I won't know for sure until they arrive but the prop clearance there is tight.

You are reading my mind. I was wondering if they would flex upward under high load...

My strobes came in and this was my mounting strategy.

Attachments

• 20230331_204117.jpg
    20230331_204117.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: michaeldallen1
In Flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members