DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Arc V versus Micro Strobe

Aero1

Reactions
Hi Everyone, just hanging around the forum getting a lot of great info over the years and would like to thank everyone. I have been flying a Mavic Pro for a lot of years and so enjoy the hobby. I am an old old RC airplane enthusiast who over the years my reflexes started to waiver causing me to shift gears and flying drones. I recently acquired a Mini Pro 3 and I wanted to ask for input between these two strobes. I have always used two white Firehouse Arc V strobes on the rear arms of my Mavic Pro to provide me better visibility during the day. I would like to know what you think of these two strobes when it comes to there use on the Mini Pro 3. I am new in a lot of ways to the weight of the micro drones and so forth. I would again like to put two strobes on the rear arms of the Mini Pro 3. I question whether velcro would work in this application so I am thinking of the fabricated mounts for either strobe so there may be a weight issue. Let me know also your thoughts on the strobe brightness as these old eyes aren't getting any better. Thanks everyone!

What do you mean by micro strobes? If not a brand name but literally tiny strobes then at a guess they will be worse than useless. Two tiny strobes came with a Mini 2 and were a complete and utter joke, they might even have been unless in a night flight.

I question whether velcro would work in this application so I am thinking of the fabricated mounts for either strobe so there may be a weight issue.

Aerial-Pixel has mounts available for the ARC v's

If you don't want the mounts, rather than Velcro, use 3M Dual Lock Fastener. It's better.

Any thing attached to the mini may push it past 250 grams which means registration with the FAA.

No big deal. Five dollars and the number looks cool.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Firehouse makes both of those strobes. The Micro is 800 lumens and the Firehouse Arc V is a 1000 lumens. The Arc V looks bulkier and if both of the strobes from Firehouse puts you over the weight limit then I would go with the Arc V. And I don’t know if wanting to use the strobes on the rear arms if hook and loop Velcro would work as the arms are so small. Thanks guys

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne