DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should we all request RMA for Repair

flyNfrank

Reactions
In reference to DJI GO4 app horizontal speed mph onscreen display.

For those that have yet to figure it out, Dji has our Mavic's set to display the horizontal speed incorrectly. It's not a mistake because there has been updates that would've been easiest to correct the situation. The way it is currently set it allows the aircraft to "appear" to be traveling faster then what it actually is.

Even though the display is shown as mph, it's not. DJI has the app coding set using fps or "feet per second".
It's also quite possible that the Mavic may not even be able to fly the advertised 40mph in Sport mode with no wind.

Around 3 weeks around I was testing sport mode with 15-20mph wind gust from the rear and it was somewhat difficult to display 64mph onscreen of the monitor. The 64mph was an honest 43.5mph.

There is really no reason why DJI could not straighten this out before the magazines start printing the story. Maybe a few calls to DJI tech to find out why and when this might be fixed?

Honestly what we should all be getting a repair for is the red glow people are getting shooting in RAW. Dji even released a statement as to why it happens but doesn't offer a time line or solution. I spent this money for a photography tool and the tool is flawed. Yes it folds and yes it's super portable, but if my footage or pictures become tinged because of horrible QA that's no good for me. Seriously considering going with the phantom 4 professional.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using the MavicPilots app

Who wanna drive that fast anyway for doing any filming work? Get a racing drone instead mate...

Sent from my KING7 using MavicPilots mobile app

The root to this is simple, allow the aircraft to perform as it was advertised. They apparently have a reason for fudging the Mavic's performance.

Honestly what we should all be getting a repair for is the red glow people are getting shooting in RAW. Dji even released a statement as to why it happens but doesn't offer a time line or solution.

I didn't know they'd said something, tried google that but no luck, do you have a link?

I think it might be a case of "these specifications are obtained in optimal conditions". And does anybody know these optimal conditions?

Also, does anybody here have a speed gun or access to one?

I have mine displaying in m/s and don't notice any discrepancies. Hits expected top speeds with no wind, and with wind.

If you download and convert your flight log, you can find the correct values in them.

When I think of actual speed, it would make sense that the better the performance--the better the benefits will be. Such as...faster aircraft would also give you more reliability in strong wind conditions. The inspire has a release latch that a lot of police and rescue use. I saw a video of a inspire with a life preserver attached by the release latch. The rescue team flew the life preserver out to a flooded car with violent water rushing past and the stranded people on the roof. The life preserver was dropped from 3ft above those in need. And then right back for another go around. I haven't seen the proof yet but I had a guy tell me he has the same setup on the inspire using it on his Mavic.

So if your Mavic is set to fly faster, it should be able to lift a heavier load if needed. And the bottom line would be....you should at least get what you paid for, meaning if the box says flies 40mph...it needs to fly 40mph. No misrepresentations.

Reactions: Forrest
The root to this is simple, allow the aircraft to perform as it was advertised. They apparently have a reason for fudging the Mavic's performance.

I understand your point Frank it just isn't anything close to something I want to return it for..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only get 15mpg with my Toyota tundra.. the sticker said 17mpg...:mad:
Exactly! Almost nothing is exactly as advertised. This has always been true of any marketing if critically evaluated. Are we really disappointed that we're actually a few mph under 40?

If you download and convert your flight log, you can find the correct values in them...
No need to do that flyNfrank. Just raise you glance to the RC screen next time. It displays the correct speed in MPH even though DJIGo does not.

Good pickup up about the indication being in FPS though. I knew it was a 1.5 conversion and not KPH as some have mused. I had not known til now what the conversion was FPS though. Thnx.

Honestly what we should all be getting a repair for is the red glow people are getting shooting in RAW. Dji even released a statement as to why it happens but doesn't offer a time line or solution. I spent this money for a photography tool and the tool is flawed. Yes it folds and yes it's super portable, but if my footage or pictures become tinged because of horrible QA that's no good for me. Seriously considering going with the phantom 4 professional.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using the MavicPilots app
You should send yours back. I don't have the noticeable issue you have with your photos. Also, with your needs, the P4P is the obvious choice here. I don't think the Mavic and P4P should even be cross-shopped. Very different platforms. Also, no tool is perfect, they all have strengths and weaknesses, no matter the cost. It is not flawed for my purposes. It sure would be great to have the Mavic and an Inspire 2. Best of both worlds?

Reactions: Savededa
I understand your point Frank it just isn't anything close to something I want to return it for..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking in the way that if tech support became overwhelmed with customers just asking for RMA's that maybe it would get looked into a little quicker. This is a simple fix, that is unless DJI wants the wrong numbers to continue being displayed.

Reactions: Cowman

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beechpilot