DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shutter Speed

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am finding on my Air 3 shooting in auto mode that my shutter speed seems to delay sometimes when I'm trying to take a few pictures in succession for pano shots i plan on combining.

Its odd, I originally thought it may be a write speed thing so have tried the fastest SDcard.. The annoying thing is it doesnt always seem to do it...

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this across any of the drones not just the Air3...

I could switch to taking the multi shot but i tend to not get what i want there as well...

I Wonder if the Mavic 3 pro has the same issue but i cant remember (i have only played with the mavic 3 classic).

Thoughts?

The reason behind this is quite straight forward... it's all about processor speed & what other processes that's going on in parallel with the photo buffer/development/saving, and that a single shot finalize all between you expose until all is stored on the SD before being prepared for another exposure. When you use multi shot the process is divided... first all is exposed & buffered, then development & final storage is done.

So if you need many exposures with as little time in between as possible... you should go for multi shot.

Its odd, I originally thought it may be a write speed thing so have tried the fastest SDcard.. The annoying thing is it doesnt always seem to do it...
It is a write speed issue.
But the bottleneck is the speed at which the camera can process and write, not the speed a fast SD card can have data written to it.
If you shoot jpg + raw, you'll really notice it.
Shoot just jpg and it's not much of a problem.

How about drone-controller communications speed/latency ?

How about drone-controller communications speed/latency ?
If you doesn't have a very laggy connection with a live view on the verge to freezing up... the latency is negligible.

From the Air 3 user manual.
1710539329319.png

From the Air 3 user manual.
1710539329319.png

That’s lowest latency - seems I’ve seen as much as ~700 ms looking at flight logs. But I may be mistaken . . .
Isn’t there a way to take 3-5-7 shots automatically ? I should look this up, but I’m tired and lazy 😴

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne