DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

side sensors

Not that this solves your issue in p-mode, but with the latest .200 fw upgrade, you can change into tripod mode and change flight parameters to closely match usual p-mode... I know its not exactly what u were looking for but it would work for now...
That is interesting! I'll have to try that out tomorrow since it's pitch black outside currently. Thanks for the tip!

Confession time... crashed my drone for the first time last weekend. Got a really lovely (well, I thought so anyway) shot of some birds flying onto a bird feeder in my garden with the sun setting behind them and shining through their wings... so engrossed that I forgot to stop moving and flew sideways into a wall. Fortunately the wall had a nice covering of soft ivy to save any damage.

So yeah, side sensors in p-mode would be nice ;)

At the rate they are adding side sensors to modes, It'll come. But judging by the recent activation of side sensors in active track, it'll be limiting speeds to a maximum of 18kph to allow accurate detection.

That is interesting! I'll have to try that out tomorrow since it's pitch black outside currently. Thanks for the tip!
Glad to offer some assistance...

However, and this was news to me as well, but see the OP's post in #15 and this latest post, #23.

It seems that even in T-mode, with all parameters maxed out, the H.S. is still limited to approx 16.7 kph and with the additional info in #23, it seems possible that the reasoning behind leaving side sensors off originally (in p-mode) is likely due to an inherent limitation in those sensors ability to 'see obstacles' quickly enough to allow time to slow/stop the AC.

Kindve sucks but it makes some sense, but Im only giving DJI that one because they did manage to cram alot into the small frame of the M2, imo, of course.

Glad to offer some assistance...

However, and this was news to me as well, but see the OP's post in #15 and this latest post, #23.

It seems that even in T-mode, with all parameters maxed out, the H.S. is still limited to approx 16.7 kph and with the additional info in #23, it seems possible that the reasoning behind leaving side sensors off originally (in p-mode) is likely due to an inherent limitation in those sensors ability to 'see obstacles' quickly enough to allow time to slow/stop the AC.

Kindve sucks but it makes some sense, but Im only giving DJI that one because they did manage to cram alot into the small frame of the M2, imo, of course.

T mode is limited to 1m/s in all directions as far as i'm aware.

Mind showing me where/how I can do this? Can't see anything in the settings about controlling Tripod speed
Hello,

so, see post #11... Thatll get you there but first, in addition to upgrading the AC (aircraft) and RC (remote controller) to the latest XX.XX.0200 Firmware, the app must be updated as well, to v4.3.4 (android, mine is the 689-official build, from the dji website, not google play) and v4.3.5 (IOS, I use android so not 100% on this platform).

On a droid, u can check the app version by tapping the "me" tab, then tapping the gear symbol (upper right) and its on the bottom.

Without the updated app, I dont think any of the new fw features are available? could be wrong on all, but most of them!

Let us know if that sorted it out.

Reactions: eukaryote
Hello,

so, see post #11... Thatll get you there but first, in addition to upgrading the AC (aircraft) and RC (remote controller) to the latest XX.XX.0200 Firmware, the app must be updated as well, to v4.3.4 (android, mine is the 689-official build, from the dji website, not google play) and v4.3.5 (IOS, I use android so not 100% on this platform).

On a droid, u can check the app version by tapping the "me" tab, then tapping the gear symbol (upper right) and its on the bottom.

Without the updated app, I dont think any of the new fw features are available? could be wrong on all, but most of them!

Let us know if that sorted it out.
Ah i see it now, thanks!

Yeah, mistook KMph as kilo-miles per hour and not kilometers per hour.
Ahhh... Well, In a way you were kinda right huh, since kilometers per hour is usually abbreviated as kph and not kmph...

Anyway, I think most of us knew that you werent thinking of kilometers per hour.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs