DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Side-to-side wobble at high speed in sport mode

So.... at this point I'm thinking there were some cross winds at the altitude I was flying. I didn't really think it was that windy at the time but maybe that was just on the ground. Just went back out to the same field - and it was a particularly still morning - and let her rip in sport mode again. Sure enough I peaked at 42 mph and it was steady as could be. Nothing to be seen on video or when actually looking at the drone.

So, yeah.... ?‍♂️
Either it was wind or an intermittent issue which I'll keep an eye out for.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! :D

Reactions: dawgpilot
Last week I flew my P3A and M2Z on a very windy day. Reports said 12mph with 23 gust. The P3 was able to cope but there was a lot of drift/slip within GPS tolerances. M2 was more stable but had a bit of drift.
This was at 80ft altitude. The drifting actually made the video recording more interesting.

So yeah, wind does seem to have been your issue.

So.... at this point I'm thinking there were some cross winds at the altitude I was flying. I didn't really think it was that windy at the time but maybe that was just on the ground. Just went back out to the same field - and it was a particularly still morning - and let her rip in sport mode again. Sure enough I peaked at 42 mph and it was steady as could be. Nothing to be seen on video or when actually looking at the drone.

So, yeah.... ?‍♂️
Either it was wind or an intermittent issue which I'll keep an eye out for.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! :D
Thanks for keeping us posted Thumbswayup...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000