DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sideloading DJI Fly on a Samsung Tab A Model T580

ByronV

Reactions
I've received a Mavic Mini for Christmas this year and have flown it with the controller and my Galaxy S20 Ultra with no problems. I have a Samsung Tab A, Model T580, that I would like to use for it's greater screen real estate. I didn't find the app on the play store so I loaded it from the DJI website. I tried installing it but the install stops at about 75% and closes. Any ideas on how or if it can even be installed? Thanks all!

I've received a Mavic Mini for Christmas this year and have flown it with the controller and my Galaxy S20 Ultra with no problems. I have a Samsung Tab A, Model T580, that I would like to use for it's greater screen real estate. I didn't find the app on the play store so I loaded it from the DJI website. I tried installing it but the install stops at about 75% and closes. Any ideas on how or if it can even be installed? Thanks all!
Your running a 32 bit rom. Fly is a 64 Bit, If you understand how to Flash a Android system then your good to go as the processor is 64 Bit...But Samsung put 32 bit operating system on it. If you understand all that then you will know you can go to XDA Developers forums and get the Rom you need and how to make it work. If not...well...no real estate for you ;)

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot. And thanks for your service. ?
Give an update if you would please, would like to know if that works. I have the same tablet, and had the same issue trying to side load the Fly app. Ended up buying an Asus tablet.

If this is a 32 bit tablet I don’t think it will work. I’m pretty sure this this app requires a 64 bit OS.

After looking into loading a 64 bit ROM on the tablet I decided it would be better not to brick it and I bought a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. It works well althought the range for communicating with the drone seems to have decreased somewhat. Not sure why that's happening. The plus is that it doesn't drain the controller battery like the phone does. Not sure why that's happening either, but I'll take it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos