DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal booster

Never needed one for my MP. What are you flying?

Mavic mini I’m new to flying and had a signal lost come up I wasn’t out of sight about 160 ft only done it once but don’t want to loose it as it’s great fun ?

one of the reasons for signal loss may be that you are in a 'high active signal' area that might be causing interference with your drone signal/s. These signals could be wifi, cellular etc.. High density suburban areas are good candidates for such interference.

Reactions: MIGUELVM360
one of the reasons for signal loss may be that you are in a 'high active signal' area that might be causing interference with your drone signal/s. These signals could be wifi, cellular etc.. High density suburban areas are good candidates for such interference.
Thank you for your help makes sense

Since you asked... here's my home made amp using 3 watt amps. Works pretty good to overcome my trees, although it will never be a cure all.

IMG_8332.JPG

I use a titan booster when I'm in hilly terrain. I doubt I'd purchase another one because the occusync works good enough while staying w/i VLOS.

I have a friend with a Mavic mini that had the same experience as you in a suburban area. He put on a signal booster and it made a dramatic difference. I live in a rural area so it’s unnecessary for me. I do own one, but after the first few flights with it, I just don’t bother.

Hi does anyone use the signal booster was just wondering if they help thank you ?
Yep I got one for my MA as the range was rubbish. Works well.
I then found out that the aerials need to be vertical which I think made a difference.
brought them cheap off AliExpress. Basically curved plastic with shiny tin foil on the inside.

Re RadioFlyerMan's set up, WOW, ET phone's home or David Bowie's "Can you hear me Major Tom" come to mind

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661