DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

signal degradation

rustysteel

Reactions
Seems like controller-drone signal strength is not as strong as it used to be. My last flight I was directly overhead, no obstructions, at about 300' AGL in a rural setting. I was receiving glitchy video and weak signal warnings. Antennas on the controller seem to be in good condition and everything is stored in a case- well cared for so likely no damage that Im aware of.
My last flight prior experienced the same issues but had a little more lateral range.
Any thoughts? Im not 107 rated so always fly within VLOS but really not getting any kind of distance anymore.

Seems like controller-drone signal strength is not as strong as it used to be. My last flight I was directly overhead, no obstructions, at about 300' AGL in a rural setting. I was receiving glitchy video and weak signal warnings. Antennas on the controller seem to be in good condition
Directly above is the most difficult angle for good signal geometry.
Try flying out away from where you are and it should improve.

Seems like controller-drone signal strength is not as strong as it used to be. My last flight I was directly overhead, no obstructions, at about 300' AGL in a rural setting. I was receiving glitchy video and weak signal warnings. Antennas on the controller seem to be in good condition and everything is stored in a case- well cared for so likely no damage that Im aware of.
My last flight prior experienced the same issues but had a little more lateral range.
Any thoughts? Im not 107 rated so always fly within VLOS but really not getting any kind of distance anymore.
What setting do you have the transmission on? Dual? 2.4 GHz? or 5.8 GHz?

If it's the default (dual): manually set transmission to 5.8ghz and try a similar flight, see if the signal remains more stable.

Also, if you're heading vertically up to hover and shoot: flip the antennas down so they're pointing dead ahead of you (advisory in the user manual).

Im not 107 rated so always fly within VLOS but really not getting any kind of distance anymore.
Part 107 pilots must fly VLOS as well.

As @Meta4 stated, directly above you is the worst Try adjusting the antennas straight out when the drone is directly above you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mavic2propilot