DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal Interuption Message

Brevanskc

Reactions
I received a couple messages today that I am not sure why. I was flying in an open field with my MPP altitude about 375' and the following message appeared:
"Strong interference to RC. Signal interruption maybe more likely. Fly with caution". This message concerns me the most.

I brought the drone back and on the next flight this message appeared about 4 minutes into the flight "Weak signal-Adjust antenna and avoid signal block." I did have the antennae pointed at the drone pretty much the same the duration of the flight and the altitude was around 350'.

Could the messages be associated with each other? Maybe a technique issue?

Sounds like you're getting magnetic interference. Are you taking off or flying around metallic objects such as concrete (steel rebar), towers, power lines ,etc?

Sounds like you're getting magnetic interference. Are you taking off or flying around metallic objects such as concrete (steel rebar), towers, power lines ,etc?
The messages he quoted were relating to radio interference which can affect signal, not magnetic interference which affects the compass.

No metallic objects, towers, magnets or electrical wire in the close proximity. I have flown from this location a dozen times without any alerts like this. What does signal interruption mean? Is that the same as something obstructing the signal?

No metallic objects, towers, magnets or electrical wire in the close proximity. I have flown from this location a dozen times without any alerts like this.
What does signal interruption mean? Is that the same as something obstructing the signal?
It just means that there's a lot of radio/wifi nearby that's affecting your signal reception.
It's very common in urban areas.
It's just like other people talking in a crowded room can make it difficult to have a conversation with someone near you.

Okay, I think that's it. I looked at my phone settings and noticed that wifi is turned on but it has been with all my flights as I use my phone as a hotspot via my house router. I will turn if off and make a flight tomorrow.

No, that's not right, wifi has to be on, must have picked up signal from house router!

Okay, I think that's it. I looked at my phone settings and noticed that wifi is turned on but it has been with all my flights as I use my phone as a hotspot via my house router. I will turn if off and make a flight tomorrow.
You don't need to hotspot from your phone for flying.
But whether you have wifi enabled on your phone or not shouldn't make any difference.

I would turn it off, along with your 4g or LTE , or whatever service your phone operates on. By doing this, you remove any interference from any other signals, so the RC has the cleanest signal talking to the Drone.

Like @Skywalker said, turn on airplane mode or turn off all wifi and 4g phone service. Also make sure your antennas are positioned properly. Sometimes I get the same "Strong interference to RC" message at random distances, as you move through other signals, it will pop up then disappear as I move through certain areas..

Reactions: Thomas B
Since the last update of Dji Go 4 (… 0510), signal losses, even at close range … are a clamor in the network …
Especially Mavic users (I pilot an M2P). Both on Facebook, YouTube, etc … has been commenting since the date of departure of the update, by those of us who have made “guinea pig” (try without knowing what there is) …
Do you have a solution? Yes
In Spain, Europe and some other countries (it is completely legal) …
It has been offered by HATTU:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Minute 9:15 (you can use the translator)
Everything is based on changing the transmission frequency to 5.8 Ghz …
And yes … in this also DJI has covered Gloria … Anyway.

Well....I don't know if this is a serious post or not but I don't I want to make any changes with my unit like that. Maybe if it becomes a common known issue a software update will eliminate the interference or signal interruption. I do fly in airplane mode. I will to some flying when conditions permit and post if I get the warning again. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

"I did have the antennae pointed at the drone pretty much the same the duration of the flight and the altitude was around 350'. "

Did you have the "flat faces" facing the AC?
Or were they "pointing" at the AC as in the tips?

Points were facing the general direction of craft but I rarely adjust the angle direction of the antenna during the flight. But that begs the question, are the antenna tips or flats supposed to point toward the AC? I did a short flight today because it is quite windy so the real test will have to wait a day or two. I am not a fan of flying that high (350+) but needed graduated height images.

Have only around 50 flights most around 6-10 minutes in the same general location and only 2-3 at that height...I am wondering I find the altitude was a factor.

Thanks Flycaster this could very well have been the issue especially at that height with the Weak Signal warning.

Well....I don't know if this is a serious post or not but I don't I want to make any changes with my unit like that. Maybe if it becomes a common known issue a software update will eliminate the interference or signal interruption. I do fly in airplane mode. I will to some flying when conditions permit and post if I get the warning again. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Thank you for your reply Brevanskc ..
Who should have been serious is DJI, with its update ...
I am a pilot certified and certified by AESA (Spanish Air Safety Agency), Approved by EASA (European Air Safety Agency) and graduated in multimedia aerial image, by an approved ATO (Air Training titled).
And that Pilot / youtuber is well known (and serious) in the world of Drones ...
An aircraft that supposedly should have a signal coverage of up to 8 km (5 miles) and that loses its signal a few meters away with all the dangerous that this entails ... It is not normal ...
And even less normal for DJI to hide its head like ostriches and be able to recommend sending an aircraft to its Technical Service (SAT) for that reason, when it knows what its problem is ...
If for something you have a bad evaluation in the App / Play Store the DJI Go 4 application is for this type of thing and "bugs" that have chained for a long time without worrying about solving it ... and worse still ... neglecting to its users / clients in something extremely serious: An App / application that allows to fly an aircraft ... With all its risks ...
I think that is the really little serious ...
The frequency change is something that Dji Go 4 itself allows you to perform from its interface .. without any problem ... and with a single click ...
I am also used as a pilot to check the signal quality ...
I hope they quickly solve this fudge ...

Attachments

• 2019-10-21 19_47_56-PROBLEMA DE DESCONEXIÒN MAVIC 2 DESPUÉS DE ACTUALIZACIÓN 0510 en ESPAÑOL -...png
    2019-10-21 19_47_56-PROBLEMA DE DESCONEXIÒN MAVIC 2 DESPUÉS DE ACTUALIZACIÓN 0510 en ESPAÑOL -...png
    987.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2019-10-21 19_48_38-PROBLEMA DE DESCONEXIÒN MAVIC 2 DESPUÉS DE ACTUALIZACIÓN 0510 en ESPAÑOL -...png
    2019-10-21 19_48_38-PROBLEMA DE DESCONEXIÒN MAVIC 2 DESPUÉS DE ACTUALIZACIÓN 0510 en ESPAÑOL -...png
    920.8 KB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahim49