DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal Lost setting in DJI Fly App?

Flere-Imsaho

Reactions
Please can I confirm what the default setting for Signal Lost is on the DJI Fly app for the Mavic Mini?
This is the setting under Advanced Safety settings. I am pretty sure I set this to "Return to Home" but it is currently set to "Hover".

The reason for asking is that I have now had two occasions where I have had a "Remote Controller disconnected from Aircraft" messages (followed by Downlink data connection lost) , one was for 11 secs and the other was for 40 secs. Is this relevant to the signal lost setting?
I thought the 11 secs was okay as it met the 11 secs RTH time so it did nothing. But the 40 secs caused me concern when it didn't report a RTH. Thankfully I regained control of the Drone in cases and all was okay.

The app has been updated a few times since so I wonder if this has reset the setting?
Would the "Return to Home" setting be better in most cases otherwise you could have a drone hovering over water until the battery fails and then decends?

Thanks

Please can I confirm what the default setting for Signal Lost is on the DJI Fly app for the Mavic Mini?
The app has been updated a few times since so I wonder if this has reset the setting?
Would the "Return to Home" setting be better in most cases otherwise you could have a drone hovering over water until the battery fails and then decends?
The default value for loss of signal is RTH and this is the only option that makes sense for almost all flying situations.
App updates should not change the loss of signal option.

Thanks for the confirmation, I have now set to RTH.
The only thing I can think of is when I got the drone 3 weeks or so ago I may have set the setting with the drone off thinking the app would save the setting. Of course I now know it must have the drone on to save settings. But it does not explain how it got to the Hover setting in the first place because the default is RTH?
Maybe I should have said Firmware updates as I have read that the RTH height can change after a firmware update.

Anyway will keep an eye on and add it to the pre-flight checks which seems sensible anyway.

Thanks again.

Maybe I should have said Firmware updates as I have read that the RTH height can change after a firmware update.
The only time a firmware update would change the loss of signal setting is if you had already changed it to a non-default option.
The update wiuld change it back to the default value (RTH).

The reason the drone has to be connected is that the option is sved in the drone.
It has to be so that the drone acts properly when signal is lost, just like RTH height.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada