DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silence the controller

clipart

Reactions
Hi, does anyone knows how can you silence the mavic 2 controller?
It's very weird and I would say unprofessional for dji to make it so ( Mod Removed Language) loud!

Last edited by a moderator:
My way is to cancel RTH and bring the craft home manually as soon as the craft is reconnected.

However, I advise you to realize why the sound is there: because you're supposed to be keeping line-of-sight on the aircraft, not the controller, so most of your feedback should be coming from the sounds. That includes things like the critical low battery alarm, which you may not notice with the sounds completely off.

the low battery beeping may come from the controller,, not the phone. Push the off button briefly on the controller to suppress the beeps. Doesn't work on the smart controller unfortunately.

the low battery beeping may come from the controller,, not the phone. Push the off button briefly on the controller to suppress the beeps. Doesn't work on the smart controller unfortunately.
Does this still work? I’ve tried a few times to suppress the RTH sound by briefly pressing the RC power button as per numerous YouTube videos but doesn’t seem to work for me.

Does this still work? I’ve tried a few times to suppress the RTH sound by briefly pressing the RC power button as per numerous YouTube videos but doesn’t seem to work for me.
I don't use the normal controller and I havn't updated the Firmware (or App of the SC), so I don't know. I might end up putting sugru on the speaker exit to attenuate the noise.

See my contributions in this thread for the solution.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe