DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silent controller beeping

jason38

Reactions
Hi guys,
After having a M1P, a Parrot Anafi, and now a MA2, I'm looking for any solution to silent or quiet the controller beeping when RTH and low battery...
I had the same "issue" with the M1P controller, and finally found a way to silent it: drill a little hole above the beeper location, and put in a little screw than comes against the beeper mambrane to adjust beeping volume. To do that, I found a thread that shows the exact location of the beeper to drill the hole..
I didn't find any infos about this mod, for the new controller...
Did anyone knows where I can find a tuto/video showing how to do, or where the beeper is located in the controller?
Thanks!!

Just curious.... how many threads are you going to ask this question in? ?
only this one, i deleted his posts from the other one ,and will do the same if he joins in any others

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lol... just this one, because no other thread is speacking about this issue and how to fix it.... if yes, all my apologies, I didn't find it!! ;)
@jason38 you may do whatever you want to your own equipment ,but the new MA2 has not been out long so any info on the position of the beeper will be thin on the ground ,
if you go on the web, i am sure there will be someone out there who has taken a MA2 controller apart ,and you might be able to see where the part you want is located

There are 3 tear downs on YouTube for MA2 I know the ifixit video does the controller. Whether you have enough time to accurately work out the spot. Or alternatively follow there guidance and do a tear down yourself.

Ifixit tear down

If anybody is interested, I found this website, explaining how to teardown the controller of the MA2 as well as MA2 teardown...

We can see the beeper location on the pic I joined...

It seems to be easily accessible from the upper cover of the controller... I'll try the mod, and tell you here the exact location where to drill the hole, if anybody is interested...

Attachments

• DJI_Mavic_Air_2_RCGeeks_teardown_103_transmitter_mainboard_heatsink_removed_large_00d109dd-c79...jpg
    DJI_Mavic_Air_2_RCGeeks_teardown_103_transmitter_mainboard_heatsink_removed_large_00d109dd-c79...jpg
    939.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
If anybody is interested, I found this website, explaining how to teardown the controller of the MA2 as well as MA2 teardown...

We can see the beeper location on the pic I joined...

It seems to be easily accessible from the upper cover of the controller... I'll try the mod, and tell you here the exact location where to drill the hole, if anybody is interested...
I still don’t get what the problem is, and why you want to Void your warranty?

Problem: controller is too loud and noisy FOR ME.
I dont want to void warranty, but silent the controller.
But ok, doin this mod will avoid warranty, I know it...
If I do the mod, I'll not come here and crying because DJI dont want to exchange my controller if I have trouble with it...
(BTW, how many threads I read on this forum, about people trying to get warranty for dji products, but dji didn't want deal with them for any reason.....)
I feel free to make this mod, because it wont be armful for anybody, except maybe one day , for my money!! ;)

Reactions: Adgej123
If I do the mod, I'll not come here and crying because DJI dont want to exchange my controller if I have trouble with it...
(BTW, how many threads I read on this forum, about people trying to get warranty for dji products, but dji didn't want deal with them for any reason.....)
I feel free to make this mod, because it wont be armful for anybody, except maybe one day , for my money!! ;)
Maybe you need to stop flying in libraries & churches! ?

earplugs?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143