DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silent/low noise props?

I've noticed that depending on where you are at in relation to the bird, sometimes it sounds louder.

For example, when I take directly over my head 400ft up, I can still hear it pretty clear.

When I'm flying it 4 feet off the ground slowly passing perpendicular to me, its very quiet.

And like DeeRose said, the air braking is the loudest part of flying :(

Physics, gotta love it!

I had the Mavic Air and man that little think was bloody noise! I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom and Its amazing how quite it is... I can barely hear from a few meters away... I wish I could fly it more since I live in CA and here there is no much place to fly...

I have a Phantom 4 and a Mavic 2. I live in the country.

On a quiet, and still morning I can hear my Phantom 4 300 feet up half a mile away. My Mavic 2 can be heard overhead at 300 -350 feet but not at any great distance.

I've been 'caught' a couple of times flying at 250 - 300 feet. I've looked down using the 4X lossless zoom and spotted people looking up and pointing at the drone. It's only a speck in the sky at 300 feet so people must be hearing it first, then looking up and spotting it.

Reactions: ff22
For example, when I take directly over my head 400ft up, I can still hear it pretty clear.

When I'm flying it 4 feet off the ground slowly passing perpendicular to me, its very quiet.

The reason for this is the amount of wind the props are interacting with up at 400... you can almost get a little "roar" out of the props when flying around in the wind.

I've also noticed that background noise levels are a huge factor. If you're flying near a busy road, the traffic will all but drown out any sound of the quad.

The reason for this is the amount of wind the props are interacting with up at 400... you can almost get a little "roar" out of the props when flying around in the wind.

I've also noticed that background noise levels are a huge factor. If you're flying near a busy road, the traffic will all but drown out any sound of the quad.
I didn't think about the wind at that height being a factor, thank you for mentioning that!

I agree with an earlier poster, OP please post pics of your props.
I have the M2Z and love just how quiet they are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada