DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silent/low noise props?

Darkabaz

Reactions
I am asking myself every time when i fly with the MZ the same question:
- why do they sell and promote these props as low noise?
On my MZ you can hear the props from 600-700m without any problems, also when 100+ meters up from the ground. My spark is more quiet i think. I've read before that the low noise props are very quiet (some people claimde they did not hear the prop sound from 30m height)?

Yea I wonder if anybody else hears them but you. Sometimes I can hear my bird buzzing around in the distance and then realize that I’m holding it and that it’s actually in my head. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just crazy?

At any rate if you were to take s decibel meter and measure the noise it would be indistinguishable from the rest of the outside noises very quickly. Within a few hundred feet if that

No, a friend and my girlfriend notice the same. From the first moment he went up in the air, I thought the MZ wasn't quiet.
Yesterday it was windless, beautiful weather. Raised it to 120m above the ground and the distance RC> AC was more than 500 meters. The drone was very good to hear for us, especially if you release the stick while flying full gas.
I was already thinking maybe I mounted the propellers incorrectly, but that is not the case.

Maybe take a picture of your props and post it. I don’t here mine at 200 feet unless I’m doing some radical flying. And most of that noise is air flow from a hard decent

No, a friend and my girlfriend notice the same. From the first moment he went up in the air, I thought the MZ wasn't quiet.
Yesterday it was windless, beautiful weather. Raised it to 120m above the ground and the distance RC> AC was more than 500 meters. The drone was very good to hear for us, especially if you release the stick while flying full gas.
I was already thinking maybe I mounted the propellers incorrectly, but that is not the case.
I agree with this... From the first flight I thought it was louder than I expected... And I have certainly heard them at 120m up...

Air braking will add noise. I have a mz and mine is relatively quiet (can't hear it 200 ft up) but if I'm going full bore and stop or change directions I can hear it much farther away. Air braking comes into play and that will definitely add noise but it's usually momentary until the ac stables out after braking.

why do they sell and promote these props as low noise?
It's just due to the design of the props.

When the Mavic Pro was released, it came with these props:

DJI later redesigned them to make them less noisy.

The Mavic 2 props use this same low-noise design. While they are not undetectable by any means, they would be a little less noisy than the first version of the Mavic Pro props.

Reactions: ff22 and Thomas B
I can barely hear my MZ past 100ft or so. 500m is roughly 1500ft. I can't see anyone hearing even original Mavic that far out.

My P3 I can hear up to 300ft or so.

Reactions: Thomas B
but you still can see it of course? ;)

Guys 'n Gals On the subject of noise, how does the MP2 compare to the Anafi ?

I have the MP1 and Anafi, and the Anafi is way way quieter.

No I am in 2 minds whether to jump to the MP2 .... I keep weighing up the odds, have to make sure hands stay in the pockets at all times, otherwise I am gonna hit that "Buy Now" button :)

But the noise thing is very important. I find that when I am out with the Anafi, nobody really notices me or the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21