DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silicon sunshade for Mini 3 pro remote

Pushkur

Reactions
Very good on sunny days, as the nits on this remote are not as bright as both smart controllers, or even some phones.
No need to remove, as it’s soft enough to go flat when storing your drone.
quite like the legs also.

Attachments

• F88275E4-82DB-4720-A888-8A7C38F87621.png
    F88275E4-82DB-4720-A888-8A7C38F87621.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 2B20BDEC-97C1-45BC-9181-5282EA93B332.png
    2B20BDEC-97C1-45BC-9181-5282EA93B332.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: Mike107
I posted a review of the same hood here: Sunnylife DJI RC Hood
In short: I didn't like it as it did basically nothing. But each to their own, obviously.

On the plus side it wasn't too bad to use the sticks with it on.

Does it make holding the remote a little awkward? From the pic it looks like it could get in the way of your thumbs a bit..
No problems with using the sticks controls.
The remote screen is just about bright enough for every day use, but if you fly in very sunny locations, the sun shade makes a big difference.
I also have one on my old smart controller, but this one seems to come out a little more, giving even more shade.

Reactions: Octisurfer
I posted a review of the same hood here: Sunnylife DJI RC Hood
In short: I didn't like it as it did basically nothing. But each to their own, obviously.

On the plus side it wasn't too bad to use the sticks with it on.

I read your review and saw your photos. When the sun is directly behind you directly shining on the controller screen nothing will help on any device screen other than an umbrella on the back of your head blocking the sun from shining directly on the screen. Other than the situation you mentioned, they do help a lot. I don't have the rubber one (I had a hard 3D printed one) and other than with direct sun right on it I found it to be excellent. That being said, my RC screen controller is in my drawer and I use an RC-N1 and iPad Mini 6 with a nice big shade. I LOVE the slight inconvenience and extra cable for a much larger screen I can actually read. :D :D

Reviews I read said that it comes in a flat package and that distorted the shape. Like the other one since it folds flat.

I bought this one from StartRC on Amazon. Enough clearance to use your thumbs on the sticks. Has 2 holes to mount a neck strap and folds fairly flat if you take the sticks off. Or, you can easily remove it with two thumbscrews.
It cost less than $25 in the US.
View attachment 152805

STARTRC Mini 3 Pro Sun Hood Sunshade for DJI Mini 3 Pro RC
I received the same STARTRC sunshade 3 weecks ago. I found a design flaw regarding the plastic frame around the screen:
It is almost impossible to swipe down from the top of the screen to open the status bar in DJI Fly.
☹️
selfmade solution from @vindibona1

I received the same STARTRC sunshade 3 weecks ago. I found a design flaw regarding the plastic frame around the screen:
It is almost impossible to swipe down from the top of the screen to open the status bar in DJI Fly.
☹️
selfmade solution from @vindibona1
Minor flaw...probably rectifiable with an Exacto knife and steady hand. :).

I finally got around to hacking my STARTRC sunshade to make it much more usable.

1) I cut notches in the tabs and added a couple rubber washers to the screws so that I can just click in on and tighten them so I don't need to keep removing them to put it on.

2) I cut a notch at top so that it's easier to use the pull down menu (though honestly, rarely do that but hey, why not.).
Dremel made quick work of it and makes it so much easier to put on and take off now.

Attachments

• IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1751.JPG
    IMG_1751.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    825.2 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: JTZ
I was driving by a park and saw a guy flying a Mini 3 (I think). He was wearing a huge umbrella hat. I pulled over to watch a bit and he was just holding the RC higher...about chest high. I decided not to bug him

I can actually see how that would be better than any sunshade you can fit on an RC. I suppose it would be a challenge on a windy day though

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61