DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simi Valley or the 805? Mavic Zoom owner- newbie.

I’m in Thousand Oaks with a Pro 2. Pretty new to drones and have only had a couple test flights at local parks. Where do you typically fly?

Recommended 6201 WOODLEY AVE LOS ANGELES WOODLEY PARK / BALBOA LAKE / Rose Bowl .... 3Area

Are you still flying? I am a newbie since Dec. with my Mavic ProPlatinum copter. I fly here in Fillmore at my church parking lot to gain experience and the stick skills needed.
Ron

I’m up in NorCal, but my parents recently moved from Moorpark, so I know the area a little. I would imagine flying above the canyon at Grimes Rock (on the way to Moorpark) would be great for drones, as I’ve flown RC gliders from there. There are ample spots to pull over and park.

The Simi Valley Flyers Club field has had some great planes flying alongside the 118, so maybe they can advise further.

With all the open fields along 126 and Fillmore, you're going to find some great spots to fly.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I’m up in NorCal, but my parents recently moved from Moorpark, so I know the area a little. I would imagine flying above the canyon at Grimes Rock (on the way to Moorpark) would be great for drones, as I’ve flown RC gliders from there. There are ample spots to pull over and park.

The Simi Valley Flyers Club field has had some great planes flying alongside the 118, so maybe they can advise further.

With all the open fields along 126 and Fillmore, you're going to find some great spots to fly.
Thanks for the suggestions. I went over Grimes Cyn last night, and very windy as is usual in winter. I will keep that in mind. Mogulsmoke

Reactions: pelagic_one
Right on...for checking things out so quickly! The canyon is great in the dawn morning, before the local CHP drives through. Almost makes me want to drive down Saturday night to meet up Sunday morning for a fly-around. We’d probably end up flying over Magic Mountain and all the roller coasters, if I did that. Kidding...kinda.

Please share images for those like me who miss that beautiful part of the country from time to time. Fly safe!

I’m in Thousand Oaks and finding it difficult to find places that approve of flying. There’s 2 parks where they allow gliders but the parks & recs guys have said drones aren't allowed. Anyone find some spots where residents don't mind and parks & recs guys won't ask me to leave?

I live in Fillmore, have a Mavic Pro I and find it difficult to fly in the TO area (my home town for 50+ years). I am new to flying since last Sept. and the Covid 19 problem has really stopped the flying. I suggest you try the parks around Moorpark, or Camarillo which are closer to you. I was told by an officer here that the city of FIllmore has no park restrictions, but I really don't believe that. I will try to find out this week as I am ready to go flying.

I live in Fillmore, have a Mavic Pro I and find it difficult to fly in the TO area (my home town for 50+ years). I am new to flying since last Sept. and the Covid 19 problem has really stopped the flying. I suggest you try the parks around Moorpark, or Camarillo which are closer to you. I was told by an officer here that the city of FIllmore has no park restrictions, but I really don't believe that. I will try to find out this week as I am ready to go flying.

Thanks @mogulsmoke appreciate it. I work in Moorpark (well when Covid-19 hasn't closed the office that is) so I expect I'll have time to fly out there again at some point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom