DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simple double strobe mount

AZDave

Reactions
I cut a short piece of 3/4 inch wide, 1/16 inch thick aluminum angle stock to make a simple mount to hold two Firehouse Arc V strobes on top of my Mavic Air 2. The two strobes are attached to the angle piece with double sided sticky tape (included with the strobes), and the angle piece attaches to the drone with the hook/loop tape that Firehouse also includes. I set one Arc V to "strobe" and the other one to "flash", giving me both reasonable visibility and direction indication. The aluminum angle weighs virtually nothing, and I can remove the whole assembly from the drone if I want. It's nothing fancy, but it works.

1613861575656.jpeg

Isn't that above where the GPS antenna is located ?

Reactions: Thomas B
Isn't that above where the GPS antenna is located ?
Good question. I don't know, but I'll try to find out unless somebody else can pop in here with the answer. I can always move the hook/loop pad on the drone.

Thanks! I've flown several flights with these strobes located per the picture and have had zero GPS issues, but I've ordered some more 3M pads and I'm going to put them on each of my batteries anyway. Might as well be safe.

Thanks again.

May not affect the gps, I just don't like anything blocking it just in case.

Reactions: projectarjun
Why not put the mount on the legs in the mount made by our own @Aerial-Pixel .? Works great and no sticky mess can occur.
Mostly because I was trying to get away from having more than two strobes, and I wanted them facing fore and aft. Mounts on the legs would mean an unavoidable imbalance. Maybe not an issue, but ....

Mostly because I was trying to get away from having more than two strobes, and I wanted them facing fore and aft. Mounts on the legs would mean an unavoidable imbalance. Maybe not an issue, but ....
Thanks for that , only issue can't buy those in EU , and Firehouse wont ship to me , but might try the same idea with my ulanzi strobes and see if it works

I really like this solution. Simple but brilliant. Add a Velcro patch atop each battery and you're good to go.

Meanwhile I used cement glue and Velcro to get these lights to adhere to the wet suit

I cut a short piece of 3/4 inch wide, 1/16 inch thick aluminum angle stock to make a simple mount to hold two Firehouse Arc V strobes on top of my Mavic Air 2. The two strobes are attached to the angle piece with double sided sticky tape (included with the strobes), and the angle piece attaches to the drone with the hook/loop tape that Firehouse also includes. I set one Arc V to "strobe" and the other one to "flash", giving me both reasonable visibility and direction indication. The aluminum angle weighs virtually nothing, and I can remove the whole assembly from the drone if I want. It's nothing fancy, but it works.

View attachment 124193
I set one Arc V to "strobe" and the other one to "flash"??
Which color is facing which way?

I set one Arc V to "strobe" and the other one to "flash"??
Which color is facing which way?

I don't understand your question. The color is the same for both lights ... bright white. "Strobe" and "Flash" have different duty cycles and can be told apart that way. If I remember right (I'm too lazy to go check at the moment) "Strobe" has equal on/off times, while "Flash" has a longer off time than on time.

The Arc V can also be set to be continuously on, although I haven't tried that to see how far the light reaches at night.

Good question 'CatfishAJ'. If you have strobes that have selectable color I believe that with the drone facing away from you, you would want the 'Red' facing left and 'Green' facing right.
This adheres to the old saying "Red Right Returning" aka heading at you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000