DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simple improvement to Goggles RE

Brockrock

Reactions
After using these awesome goggles a few times since getting them yesterday, there is one simple improvement that could be made - IMO - and I noticed it right away.

The issue I have regards the rubber face seal. That is really all it is, thin, loose rubber, and for me, there is a fair bit of 'light leak' on either side with the goggles on.

I realize that a 'one size fits all' type of device is not going to, in fact, be ideal for everyone, and this issue is not a complaint really, since the technology is still amazing.

But, it seems like if the face seal was more of a soft, compressible foam all around - with maybe a hole here and there for airflow - this would accommodate many more face shapes. The foam and covering used on the headband would probably have been ideal.

So, does anyone know of an aftermarket source for an upgraded seal? The thing just pops off nice and easy...

I have 3D printed eyeflaps with a rubber-ish TPU95 material. This blocks the light leakage completely.

Reactions: Brockrock
Very nice!

I wish I could add a fan to my goggles.
I'm sure you could wire a esc fan they use them on rc cars/trucks but you would prob have to hook up a separate battery to power it but I think your on to something keep us posted if you do

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78