DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simple Program for Video Catalog Management

Reactions
Ok Windows 10 user needs a better way to keep track of my drone videos, 1st off I understand folders and time/date stamps but mine are based on location/date and need to be in a clear concise order for easy grabbing for editing. Anyone know or use software for this that's cheap/free (under $10.00 per month) and not cloud based as I have lots of local storage?

Thanks for your time.

would a simple spreadsheet like Excel do?

No problem to add clickable hyperlinks in excel.
I'm guessing he wants links to files on his computer...no clue on that one.

You can also create a simple pdf document as well with the hyperlinks.

I use Resolve. Import your files onto a disc on your system and then add the new files into your master Resolve project.

I prepared an HTML File on an external drive recording outings as flight numbers to keep track of my outings as to the time and place of each outing with any flight plan (or purpose of the outing.) Sometimes I may record maneuvers attempted and what I need to focus on to learn from the experience. You can do the same thing using word or excel and show links for the location of your videos and other images. As for me, I use an HTML file not only to record my flights chronologically but also to use links from Youtube videos describing maneuvers so I can try to emulate them.

Thanks to all who responded with ideas, to that end let me make my needs clearer... Right now I am using folders to store all drone shots based on where/when. When editing I need to be able to import or Drag videos from those folders (this eliminates the use of a spread sheet}. Most of the DAMs (Digital Asset Managers) or Asset Management Software out there are:
1. To Expensive
2. To Bloated (Feature Rich) for My Needs
3. Require Storage on their Cloud

So hense my search for a DAM, MAM, VAM is that I might be looking for something that is not available based on my criteria. Again thanks to all.

Thanks to all who responded with ideas, to that end let me make my needs clearer... Right now I am using folders to store all drone shots based on where/when. When editing I need to be able to import or Drag videos from those folders (this eliminates the use of a spread sheet}. Most of the DAMs (Digital Asset Managers) or Asset Management Software out there are:
1. To Expensive
2. To Bloated (Feature Rich) for My Needs
3. Require Storage on their Cloud

So hense my search for a DAM, MAM, VAM is that I might be looking for something that is not available based on my criteria. Again thanks to all.
I think the way you are currently doing it is about the best way you'll find. However, if you're using Adobe Products, you might find Adobe Bridge extremely useful. It allows you to see all your files and you can choose what program to open them with.

I think the way you are currently doing it is about the best way you'll find. However, if you're using Adobe Products, you might find Adobe Bridge extremely useful. It allows you to see all your files and you can choose what program to open them with.
Gfields by George I think you got me what I need as I use to see it when I used Photoshop and thought I needed an Adobe program to use it. Not so and will play with it this weekend but short test shows me it might be the answer.

Thanks

Reactions: GFields
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom