DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simplistic way to get goggles to give you a complete view of screen

tjcooper

Reactions
Six months ago I made a post on how to attach the goggles without putting weight on your neck to hold them up.
Here is the post:

a new elastic band method to get Googles weight off your neck

Now I have found a new simplistic method to keep the position of the goggles tipped up so that I can easily see the entire screen.

My head-shape makes the goggles sit on my face so that the screen tips in an upward stance so that I cannot see the top of the screen.
So while I am flying I have to constantly grab the tip of the goggle assembly and pull it down so that I can see the top of the screen: I have to see the battery amount remaining.

I have correction lenses in my unit and that causes my glasses (needed to have neutral viewing diopters). So I have put in several layers of
neoprene: around the facemask to keep my wire-frame glasses back from touching the corrective inserts. The neoprene really helps, but
my alignment keeps me from seeing the top of the screen by about 5-10 degrees.

My strapped band method (mentioned above) will do the same thing but it takes time to assemble and requires three bands to do the work.

What I have described here is a simple bungee cord with a clip to get everything done (but it does not take the weight off my neck).

Here is the parts of the system:

-goggles with neoprene around face mask.
-sticky tape plastic clip
-very small bungee cord from Harbor Freight.

Attachments

• Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Attachments

• bungy_and_clip.jpg
    bungy_and_clip.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 20190130_164920.jpg
    20190130_164920.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
here is the sticky tape clip attached to the correct place on the goggles. It has to go on the non-button side of the goggles. If you put it on the button side, you will have trouble getting to the buttons. A single clip and bungee cord is only needed to get the proper tension to keep the tip of the goggles pulled down.

Attachments

• clipPositionOnGoggle.jpg
    clipPositionOnGoggle.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Here is how the metal clip of the bungee cord fits into the plasic clip. Only one metal clip will go into the plastic clip. Be sure to firmly attach the double sided sticky tape of the clip or it will fall off when you are using it. Use alcohol to clean surfaces first.

Attachments

• bungy_first_clip.jpg
    bungy_first_clip.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Here you wrap the bungee around the metal slide and then clip the second metal clip into the metal sleeve of the first metal clip. Goes on very easily.

Attachments

• full_bungy_assembly.jpg
    full_bungy_assembly.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Now I will give a series of pictures showing how to put unit on your head. I have found that once it is setup, I never need to remove the bungee and just always keep it in this position even when transporting it in my hardshell case. First open the rotary knob to make the head band wide.

Attachments

• Start_1.jpg
    Start_1.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Now you tip your head down and position your glasses (if present) to slide into the face mask. Even with my neoprene extra layers, my glasses slide in easily and do not crush against my face.

Attachments

• Start_2.jpg
    Start_2.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 26
Now rotate your head so that the glasses slide forward into the face mask area. Make sure you have the back strap of goggles to slide down the back of your head. This requires you to have the knob open so that there is plenty of space.

Attachments

• Start_3.jpg
    Start_3.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Now finish tilting the goggles backward and lift your face upward. I have found that once I have the knob adjusted for my headsize that I never have to readjust it. Sliding off the unit does not collapse the metal knob band because the bungee cord holds it in place. ENJOY

Attachments

• Finish.jpg
    Finish.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Mmmmm, thanks. Must try that. I find My eyes will only focus on the screen if the display is raised so my eyeballs are at the bottom of the display......hardly workable but you may have an answer. Thanks.
There seems to be no way to adjust the focus. Do others find this?

big buzzer,
the only form of focus adjustment is to by "cheater lenses". They can either be the "-2 up to +5" diopter from DJI, or there are glasses manufactures that others have listed under "Goggles" that have very thin wire frames that give you magnification. That magnification is what will adjust focus for your eyes that need glasses. I suggest the DJI correction lenses because they fit will and will stay in place. But they also shorten up the distance from the edge of their glass to the point where your glasses will hit them. My neoprene that I show in this thread is what I use to "back off" my face from the face mask.
tjcooper

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada