DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simulator Question

Rupuze

Reactions
Hello
I'm a newbie. I just installed the DDJI simulator.
I have a Mavic 2 Pro.
I can't figure out how to attach the controller to my laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rupuze

Hello
I'm a newbie. I just installed the DDJI simulator.
I have a Mavic 2 Pro.
I can't figure out how to attach the controller to my laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rupuze
Here are some YouTube videos showing the use of the simulator:

Thanks for your reply Bill. I already watched these YouTube videos.
I have the simulator app installed on 2 computers. The program boots, music and all, but I can't get it to recognize my controller.
I plugged the usb into my computer(s), and the micro usb end to the port on the left side of my Mavic 2 Remote.
Nothing Happens!
I am able to navigate the program using the w and s keys, but the controller joysticks and buttons do nothing.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

My computers meet or exceed the minimum requirements.

Thanks for your reply Bill. I already watched these YouTube videos.
I have the simulator app installed on 2 computers. The program boots, music and all, but I can't get it to recognize my controller.
I plugged the usb into my computer(s), and the micro usb end to the port on the left side of my Mavic 2 Remote.
Nothing Happens!
I am able to navigate the program using the w and s keys, but the controller joysticks and buttons do nothing.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

My computers meet or exceed the minimum requirements.
Are you using the original cable that came with the Mavic 2? I has a USB C connector on one end that you have to use the provided USB C to USB Micro adapter on and the other end is USB A the plugs into your computer?

Yes I am.
I also tried another cable.

Same results for both.
Could there be someting about the sequence of when I plug in? Should I be plugged in even before I boot up the program?

Have you tried this? The short of it is you have to manually install the USB drivers for the RC yourself from the DJI Flight Simulator directory once it has been installed on your PC.

Thank you, Doppler.
I tried this..no dice! Then I tried a complete uninstall/re-install...no
dice!
I tried it with my remote off, and then again turned on (just in case)

This is so frustrating. This simulator looks like a lot of fun and very useful training.

Thank you, Doppler.
I tried this..no dice! Then I tried a complete uninstall/re-install...no
dice!
I tried it with my remote off, and then again turned on (just in case)

This is so frustrating. This simulator looks like a lot of fun and very useful training.

I know the feeling; I had to go through hoops to get the RC of my Mavic Air to be detected in the Assistant 2 software. Do you have the DJI Assistant 2 software installed? If so, does Assistant 2 detect your RC when you plug it in via USB and power it on? If it is not detected in Assistant 2, then this is a driver issue and may be the below might help (I say might and it is a long shot since you have an M2P and the Assistant 2 software for the M2P is different from that of the MA - but hey, i can't see what harm trying this will do).

I had given up trying to get my RC (for the Mavic Air) to get recognized in Assistant 2. Nothing seemed to work Yesterday, I decided to give it one last shot and researched the problem. I found a lot of suggestions on various forums that uninstalling the current version of Assistant 2, then installing version 1.0.7 of DJ Assistant 2, then uninstalling 1.0.7 and re-installing the current version will fix the problem. I spent hours trying to find version 1.0.7 for download and finally found it here. So I downloaded it, uninstalled the current version I had, deleted the install directory just to be sure, and installed v 1.0.7. Once v.1.0.7 was installed, I connected the RC and powered it on without Assistant 2 running. Windows set up the drivers for the RC just fine; and I was able to confirm in device manager that the RC was recognized as "DJI USB Virtual COM" port under Ports (like in the below picture).

1590245092424.png

I then launched v 1.0.7 of Assistant 2, logged in with my account and was able to see the RC within Assistant 2. I closed Assistant 2 but left the RC connected to the PC and powered on. I then uninstalled v 1.0.7 and installed the current version of Assistant 2; and launched the program when the installation was done. And that was it; I finally was able to refresh the firmware for my RC.

I really don't know if this will work in your case since the version of Assistant 2 for the M2P is different. So, yeah - not sure if you should give it a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU