DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Since upgrading from a Mini 2 to an Air 2S it seems I have more worries than I did before

On one hand it seemed odd because at the time the wind was actually quite low, lower than any of my post-calibration locations (both locations had stronger steady and gust winds). But on the other hand would explain why it did it twice in nearly the exact same spot and camera angle after changing battery and sending it back up.
Try running some sport mode runs with the camera at different angles see if you have a weak angle on the Camera . \
I will do some tests as well on my Air 2S with the camera down and see if I get any movement .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain.

Try running some sport mode runs with the camera at different angles see if you have a weak angle on the Camera . \
I will do some tests as well on my Air 2S with the camera down and see if I get any movement .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain.
Will try that (and thought I did pretty good at the testing over that field of green on the higher wind). I imagine the camera can't stay too steady at exactly 90 degrees, but didn't expect an overload, least on my mini 2 you would just get some bounce around but wouldn't get overloaded.

PS: Both my Mini 2 and Air 2S are now outfitted with the wetsuits, though I'm keeping one of the batteries as is when I don't need the protection since it's a bit difficult to get the batteries off. (only gripe is in some parts, the skin starts to peel off, like on one arm of the mini 2, or at the edge in spots on the air 2s).

Will try that (and thought I did pretty good at the testing over that field of green on the higher wind). I imagine the camera can't stay too steady at exactly 90 degrees, but didn't expect an overload, least on my mini 2 you would just get some bounce around but wouldn't get overloaded.

PS: Both my Mini 2 and Air 2S are now outfitted with the wetsuits, though I'm keeping one of the batteries as is when I don't need the protection since it's a bit difficult to get the batteries off. (only gripe is in some parts, the skin starts to peel off, like on one arm of the mini 2, or at the edge in spots on the air 2s).
Just to confirm are you updated on the Air 2S ?

The gimbal overload is an issue typical of DJI drones like Air 2S. it is why I find it quite amusing when people are trying to claim great wind resistance on Air 2S or similar DJI drones, even though you really cannot use the footage.

This is what has been correcte in the design for mini 3 Pro and this is why Air 3 and Mavic 4 will have similar gimbal designs

The gimbal overload is an issue typical of DJI drones like Air 2S. it is why I find it quite amusing when people are trying to claim great wind resistance on Air 2S or similar DJI drones, even though you really cannot use the footage.

This is what has been correcte in the design for mini 3 Pro and this is why Air 3 and Mavic 4 will have similar gimbal designs
I haven't had a repeat of any issues I mentioned in the original post since my updates/calibration late last month.

Also regarding the Mini 3 Pro, seems there's already a flaw popping up where they didn't correctly seal the camera/lens on a few copies causing fogging.

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I haven't had a repeat of any issues I mentioned in the original post since my updates/calibration late last month.

Also regarding the Mini 3 Pro, seems there's already a flaw popping up where they didn't correctly seal the camera/lens on a few copies causing fogging.

This corroborates my statement:

Couple things to note :

On the one video it appears that your Gimbal got compromised and its normal for that behavior you saw once that happens. So it looks like a wind gust came from behind the camera and caused the glitch to take place.

In this video you can see how my Camera get compromised as well making the turn into the 25 mph headwinds.
Despite the fact the camera seems broken , it reset itself after the landing ,, notice the beast of the Phantom 4 does not struggle the same.

If you think you have an issue with you camera in the wind , just get a air blower and target the wind at the camera while its in different positions and you will find that the camera has some weak spots were it will be compromised but not broken.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters