DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Six sexyy Oryx (-3)

Droffarc

Reactions
Oryx, locally known as Gemsbok, is a genus consisting of four large antelope species called oryxes. Their fur is pale with contrasting dark markings in the face and on the legs, and their long horns are almost straight. The exception is the scimitar oryx, which lacks dark markings on the legs, only has faint dark markings on the head, has an ochre neck, and horns that are clearly decurved.

The Arabian oryx was only saved from extinction through a captive breeding program and reintroduction to the wild. The scimitar oryx, which is now listed as extinct in the wild, also relies on a captive breeding program for its survival.

These were spied on a small holding on the outskirts of Kleinmond, oppsite the property of Nezham Baker Early August 2021.

Hope you enjoy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oryx, locally known as Gemsbok, is a genus consisting of four large antelope species called oryxes. Their fur is pale with contrasting dark markings in the face and on the legs, and their long horns are almost straight. The exception is the scimitar oryx, which lacks dark markings on the legs, only has faint dark markings on the head, has an ochre neck, and horns that are clearly decurved.

The Arabian oryx was only saved from extinction through a captive breeding program and reintroduction to the wild. The scimitar oryx, which is now listed as extinct in the wild, also relies on a captive breeding program for its survival.

These were spied on a small holding on the outskirts of Kleinmond, oppsite the property of Nezham Baker Early August 2021.

Hope you enjoy.

Excellent. Thanks for the filming and bringing attention to the species. A couple decades back a number of mated pair (don’t recall which sub specie) were brought to the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, USA for protection from extinction. They were placed at the base of the Organ Mtn. Range. They did so well that they now offer a hunt each year to thin the heard. Every once in awhile you can see them from the highway. The most unusual of the antelope line to be sure, with those corkscrew horns and all. Spectacular animals.

Excellent. Thanks for the filming and bringing attention to the species. A couple decades back a number of mated pair (don’t recall which sub specie) were brought to the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, USA for protection from extinction. They were placed at the base of the Organ Mtn. Range. They did so well that they now offer a hunt each year to thin the heard. Every once in awhile you can see them from the highway. The most unusual of the antelope line to be sure, with those corkscrew horns and all. Spectacular animals.
What a nice story bmcelya, thanks for that - they were obviously well Organised at the Organ Mtns.

Interesting read...evidently introduced to satisfy the 'Nimrods'.

Thanks for the info. I’ll try and drone those critters next time in the area. I don’t think I could shoot one though. At least they won’t be extirpated.

Cheers....'extirpated' ...my word for the day :)

Haha. Don’t recall where I came onto that one.

Correction from recent post: I can’t launch a drone on the White Sands Missile Range to visit the Oryx. They’d throw away the key.

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01