DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins on mini 2

Tel

Reactions
Has anyone put a skin on their mini 2, to help with visibility when flying , if yes what colour have you found to be best.

Has anyone put a skin on their mini 2, to help with visibility when flying , if yes what colour have you found to be best.
I didn’t put a skin on my Mavic but I did paint my battery a goldish bright yellow color which is a good color to add visibility and reduce heat from the sun so for visibility sake I would definitely go with a yellow or orange color

I've skinned all my drones for visibility, the neutral DJI colors, and also the Platinum, are very easy for me to lose sight of. The completely un-natural, solid color, neon skins work best for me.

The Solid Color selection in the Artist Filter dropdown at DecalGirl.com has them named Neon Flourescent, and the solid Red and Blue also work for me.

At WrapGrade.jp, they call them Neon. There are also some great looking metallic wraps, but they only look great when the drone's sitting still, or being admired, in good light. When the drone flies away, they show up as grey to me.

Of these two, Decal Girl's skins have fewer pieces and are easier to make a neat job, but they're cut to fit without overlapping, so the edges show a little bit of the drone. I like the look OK. Pieces can be removed if the drone needs repair, and replaced. Decal Girl's in the US and their wraps less expensive.

WrapGrade's skins have more parts, and they're cut to overlap at the edges, so if you follow their map and work carefully it looks pretty close to painted on, with almost none of the drone showing. If the drone needs repair, removing a piece with overlapped edges can easily ruin the wrap. They're in Japan, the wraps are more expensive, and so is the shipping. They're the best look after some practice, very easy to do a sloppy job the first time.

I've tried some of the bright-looking patterns, but at any distance they can turn into camouflage for me, so I've settled on Neon and solid, bright colors.

There are others, but I've used each of these two a few times. When wrapgrade.jp couldn't deliver for the first few months of the Wuhan shutdown, I tried Decal Girl and was pleased.

This is my first attempt at a wrap and I like the way it turned out. It shows up well for me against a bright sky but I’m partially color blind. I have no experience with the neon colors and might be tempted to try that on my next drone. Decalgirl is where I got mine and the only drawback I can think of is if I crash it in a tree, it may be harder to spot. The process took a couple hours but I don’t work fast. Best wishes and happy new year. 4B6AD243-3F39-4EAE-892B-9E6893BE478B.jpegD0BA193F-CC9B-4800-B6D5-34F7BD8EA1DC.jpeg

I would say pick a color that would stand out in a bush, shrub or tree. You are not going to be aided much by color unless the drone is close by. Silhouettes are used for aircraft identification because that's what you see from the ground.
I like the skin on the DBEZ 1 drone but isn't that the same as winter camo?

This is my first attempt at a wrap and I like the way it turned out. It shows up well for me against a bright sky but I’m partially color blind. I have no experience with the neon colors and might be tempted to try that on my next drone. Decalgirl is where I got mine and the only drawback I can think of is if I crash it in a tree, it may be harder to spot. The process took a couple hours but I don’t work fast. Best wishes and happy new year. View attachment 120806View attachment 120807
Nice look and nice job!

Reactions: Tel
Thanks everyone, I think I will get myself a skin in a fluorescent colour, and see how it go’s, it’s got to be better than DJI colour.

Reactions: Dbez1
Did mine a mixed red and black carbon fiber look. Stands out pretty nice even at the beach. Got the double kit on Amazon for $10 and it even came with glow in the dark stickers to put on the legs, sides, etc. My DJI MINI 2

Attachments

• 1A7D3C3C-D5F3-42EB-AFA8-E5B78664F01B.jpeg
    1A7D3C3C-D5F3-42EB-AFA8-E5B78664F01B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
I bought a cheap wrap from Ali Express, but it's only on the top, don't make the same mistake. ?

Just a bit of fun though, if I was looking to see if from underneath it would need to be orange, or instead I'm adding an LED.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive