Get more from your Mavic
Friendly, Helpful, Knowledgeable Mavic Community
Join Us Now

Skip to FCC mode

Pante90

Reactions
Hello everybody,
i want to ask if someone know how to skip in FCC mode my Mavic Air 1 because i tried with a normal procedure with FakeGPS and Android device, but nothing change on wifi channel, still remain on 13 channel not 11. What i can do?! there are another way?
thank a lot for help me!

umanbean

Reactions
If you're in the US (Miami), and bought your drone from a US vendor, your MA1 should already be in FCC mode.

Pante90

Reactions
I know, because i'm from Italy, and now i live in Miami. But the fcc isn't change automatically. i don't know why.

Facherty

Reactions
I fly using an iPhone, so it's slightly more complicated for me, since there is no way of fooling iOS about your location. I have to use an Android device to make the change, and then remember NOT to change it back when using my iPhone.
Therefore I have written the instructions out for myself.
(If you don't use iPhone, you only need the first two sections below).

Reset Mavic Air to FCC Mode Using Android and Android App

Preparation​

On the Android, download and launch the app Fake GPS

Remove gimbal protector from Mavic Air

Power on the Lenovo

Android​

Connect Mavic Air controller to Android

Launch the app Fake GPS

Locate Texas and choose play button

Start the controller

Start the Mavic Air – no need to start motors

Wait until they are linked (red light on controller goes green)

DJI Go 4 will automatically start on the Android; if not, launch it

Wait until Enter Device > has gone and press Go Fly on DJI Go 4

Ignore any requests for a database update

DJI Go 4 will report that the Wi-fi has to be reset:

Switch Wi-Fi Settings
Your aircraft is flying in a different country/region. Aircraft will reset its Wi-fi...

Click OK.

Unplug the Mavic Air Controller from the Lenovo, and turn it off, then turn the Mavic Air off

iPhone​

Connect the iPhone into its usual position in the Controller, and turn the Controller on, and then the Mavic Air

When the Controller and Mavic Air have finished their startup and binding (red light on controller goes green), launch DJI Go 4 on the iPhone

Cancel and ignore any update warnings

DJI Go 4 will report that the Wi-fi has to be reset:

Switch Wi-Fi Settings
Your aircraft is flying in a different country/region. Aircraft will reset its Wi-fi...

This time choose Cancel.

Check the wi-if symbol has a small 2.4G beside it.

The procedure is also in the .pdf attached.

Attachments

• Reset Mavic Air to FCC Mode Using Lenovo and Android App.pdf
    48.1 KB · Views: 23

Pante90

Reactions
Hello,
i just try this guide but, doesn't worlk. nothing change on wifi onboard. i want to ask if someone know if i downgrade the firmware, maybe this guide works properly.

Facherty

Reactions
It may help others to assist you if you can say whereabouts in the procedure (above) the process fails, since it works for me and others.

I can't advise you on downgrading your firmware - I know too little about it. However, I can add that in the the last two years I have never upgraded the firmware, the batteries, the iPhone or the DJI Go 4 app. I ignore upgrade messages, including the FlySafe database, because the drone is flying efficiently and effectively.

Reactions
It may help others to assist you if you can say whereabouts in the procedure (above) the process fails, since it works for me and others.

I can't advise you on downgrading your firmware - I know too little about it. However, I can add that in the the last two years I have never upgraded the firmware, the batteries, the iPhone or the DJI Go 4 app. I ignore upgrade messages, including the FlySafe database, because the drone is flying efficiently and effectively.
Good day. If I may ask you to please provide the version of dji go 4 you using and software of drone if possible. Im also having the same issue as well. I currently have everything to the latest. Can't get fcc with fake gps trick. I'm in south africa.

Facherty

Reactions
Can't advise you on that.

I also have a Mini SE which I want to put in FCC mode since 5.8GHz is so bad in the UK. However, DroneHacks were quick to inform that their software could not help with that problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Droneoptix