DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SkyID Remote ID Module SPMA9500

Fort Pierce Pilot

Turning downwind and climbing
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just purchased a SkyID Remote ID Module SPMA9500. It comes with a couple interface cables for existing RV equipment and says it runs on 3 - 9 volts. I will be using this on a Mavic Platinum Pro and maybe on a Mavic Mini for P107 flights. I'm thinking I can run it on a 2032 coin battery. I emailed customer support and asked for a wiring diagram for the 4 pin plug that interfaces it along with an estimate on battery draw (ma/hr). They replied indicating they did not have either piece of information. I looked online but folks only address hooking these directly as a servo or similar in a R/C aircraft. Has anyone used these with drones and an external battery? If so, can you share your experiance?

Possibly a clue here?
Red should be power, black ground, and as I remember from rc days, orange would be a signal wire from another source that may not be needed. Since this is a broadcasting module, I’m not sure if there should be some form of antenna connection. I’m not an expert in that area.C6B9AE65-5602-44DD-9C43-E351AC13875F.png

you can get a 1 or 2 s battery and an adapter that hooks directly to that unit. You can probably get it at horizon also if they aren't sold out. (right now some of that stuff is getting harder to find in stock.)

you can get a 1 or 2 s battery and an adapter that hooks directly to that unit. You can probably get it at horizon also if they aren't sold out. (right now some of that stuff is getting harder to find in stock.)
Do you have a link, name or model number?

No I don't offhand but these little rid units are originally made for RC airplanes so the list of connectors is endless depending on how you decide to power it.
Thanks for the reply. Will probably just fabricate something.