DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow SD Card Message with fast SD card

The Mavic 2 is able to write data at a maximum of 100 Mbps (or 12.5 MB/s).
That megabits per second not megabytes per second.
Most cards do not write at 100 Megabytes per second even high-end ones.
For example, the Sandisk extreme cards mostly do 90MB/s the high-end Sammy ones also are doing 90MB/s.
These cards should work
just to be clear -- a capital B = Bytes, a lower case b = bits.
Mbps or Mb/s = Mega bits per sec
MBps or MB/s = Mega Bytes per sec

I've had the same issue with SD cards that work fine in other 4K devices and although the app shows the slow warning, I've not seen any actual issues with the video recorded to the SD card.

I had the same issue with a card, I thought and bought „fast“. Was a fake, very slow card.

Upon arrival of new cards, I check them with Disk Speed Test from Blackmagic Design and the card in a USB 3.0 reader. It is freeware, I think and maybe this helps (I mentioned it in another thread, too... sorry)

Maybe, there is a quicker way of checking the transfer speeds?

I had the same issue with a card, I thought and bought „fast“. Was a fake, very slow card.

Upon arrival of new cards, I check them with Disk Speed Test from Blackmagic Design and the card in a USB 3.0 reader. It is freeware, I think and maybe this helps (I mentioned it in another thread, too... sorry)

Maybe, there is a quicker way of checking the transfer speeds?
What card? I bought mine directly from Samsung and from Best Buy.
I also bought a Sandisk and benched the Samsung cards vs the Sandisks and they perform the same or better.
Every single Samsung card I have tried gives that message.
This is super odd.

The card MUST be a U3, otherwise it is flagged as slow. A U1 won't do. It will work, but may be a little flacky for 4k video.
I just replaced the U1 with a U3 and the SLOW SD CARD went away.

Reactions: NH Phantom
The card MUST be a U3, otherwise it is flagged as slow. A U1 won't do. It will work, but may be a little flacky for 4k video.
I just replaced the U1 with a U3 and the SLOW SD CARD went away.
The two cards I have are U3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato