DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow SD Card

Air_Gunner

Reactions
Any idea's why my Mavic Air shows Slow SD Card when this card is plenty fast. Or am I wrong?

Should I be using something different?

Thanks!

More info: the Air records in 4k and writes a crap ton of data to your SD. :) More than the Pro.

I have not used it. I just popped it in today and noticed under SD Storage Capacity is shows "Slow SD Card". That's why I posed the question. I was surprised because this thing writes at 95MBs.

To start with, are you sure it’s a genuine card? There are plenty of copies around which do not perform well.

Reactions: Dean1969cox
Reactions: macoman and Ramboat
Using a Sandisk Extreme Pro Class 10, U3, V30, A1 - 64 GB (No Issues recording in 4K)

Card before that was not a V30 even though it was a 64 GB and said 100 MB/s. Got the message card too slow. Bought the card listed above and never saw the message again.

Using a Sandisk Extreme Pro Class 10, U3, V30, A1 - 64 GB (No Issues recording in 4K)

Card before that was not a V30 even though it was a 64 GB and said 100 MB/s. Got the message card too slow. Bought the card listed above and never saw the message again.

Thanks for that info!

Beware of fakes when purchasing your media storage.
Links on Amazon are usually legit cards..
I have had no issues and this is the sd card I buy. More than fast enough.
The 32 G card is what I prefer more because it can handle all three batteries worth of flight and all 4K video + images.
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extr...230759&sr=1-10&keywords=sandisk+micro+sd+card
Get them while they last.:D

I ended up ordering the card in your link. All is good now. Thank you!

Reactions: Drone Master
Yep, ordered mine described above from Amazon also. You should not see that message any longer with the card you bought

I have not used it. I just popped it in today and noticed under SD Storage Capacity is shows "Slow SD Card". That's why I posed the question. I was surprised because this thing writes at 95MBs.
Your card is fake or defective. Mavic air writes at 100 Mbps not MBPs so your card was supposed to be almost 10 times faster then required

I have a Samsung Pro+(Black with Red) U3 Card rated at ( 60MB/s W / 100MB/s R) that came out before the V30 rating came out and I am getting a slow SD Card icon on it. Footage comes out fine at 100mb/s (12.5 MB/S).

I also have a current gen Samsung EVO Plus (Red) U3 card that is in theory a slower rated card that does not get the Slow SD Card rating.

I think what 'possibly' could be happening is there are certain meta data tags (V30 maybee?) that the Mavic Air is looking at to determine the SD Card speed, regardless of the actual performance of the card. The same Samsung U3 card in a SD Card adapter does not get recognized as supporting the Sony Alpha Series(A7 series) XAVC-S Codec that runs at 100mb/s for 4K recording. Sony does not even let you switch the codec :(.

I commend DJI for still letting the Mavic Air use the 4K modes for cards that are fast enough but just didnt get the latest industry card rating (which it seems we get a new one every 6 months).

Maybe future Firmware updates for the Mavic air could address card ratings in this regard or there possibly could be a card test feature added? Just some thoughts.

Any idea why my Mavic air can't wright to internal ssd 8 gig video 4k, and 2,7k- all video is stops time to time (freeze suddenly).... in that format.

I also use a SanDisk extreme pro 32gb and no issues with it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc