DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small Extra Camera

bmoore1118

Reactions
I have an air 2s and I was looking at getting another digital camera to carry around just in case I need something more. Maybe a small mirrorless or advanced point and shoot.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Insta 360 Go 2?

I have a Canon G9x. It's small and good with low light. Not much zoom (3x) but does video and better quality photos than my phone. I didn't get it for zoom but rather for quality and low light. Fit's nicely in my pocket.

I purchased a Canon M50 , mirrorless smallish , light, superb images, I highly recommend it , cheers Len

The small camera I carry for casual use is an eleven-year-old Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5. This is a tiny camera that punches above its weight. It has an excellent Leica lens with 24-90mm full-frame-equivalent focal length range, takes wonderful pictures, and can be found dirt cheap on the used market.

I've been eyeballing the various Sony RX100 iterations (now eight in all), but have not been convinced that they are enough of an upgrade from my Lumix to justify the expense. These Sony cameras do have a somewhat larger sensor than my Lumix, so are likely a bit better in low light. But the Sony's so-called "one-inch" sensor size is a misleading marketing term--nothing about this sensor is one inch. The dimensions are 13.2 x 8.8mm, for a total area of 116 square mm. My older Lumix has a sensor size of 8.07 x 5.56mm, for a total area of about 45mm. So I'd expect these Sony cameras to see about 2.6 times more light than my Lumix sensor. And as many of the Sony iterations have later technology, they may perform better with the light they receive. For these reasons, I'd put them on the radar screen for consideration.

I carry a small camera for hiking. For photographic work where weight and size are not important, I have full-frame professional cameras, and cases of lenses. But I'm continually surprised at how well my little Lumix does.

Last edited:
I have an air 2s and I was looking at getting another digital camera to carry around just in case I need something more. Maybe a small mirrorless or advanced point and shoot.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
You really need to be more specific. You can go all the way from a Canon point and shoot, to a full mirrorless or DSLR. I carry a variety of cameras, including the Osmo Action (like a Go Pro), my iPhone 11 Pro Max on an OM4 gimbal for walking and moving shots, and two Nikons D750's with zoom lens for excellent full frame RAW images, and timelapse intervalometer.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini