DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smallest "Bag" For Mavic 2 Pro

xjjon

Reactions
Been hunting for the smallest / lightest bag for the mavic 2 pro + remote.
Wouldn't call it a case because I don't really need much padding. Just a tiny bit to absorb shock of going up and down while walking.

Use case is to put inside my backpacking / hiking backpack.

Found this one here but it only does the drone, no remote. Although, I could just put the remote + battery in a separate bag since those are unlikely to be damaged easily.
1570900990361.png

I use a soft bag for my camera, something like this.. which lets me pack the rest of my backpacking gear around the camera.
Basically don't want anything bulky with extra handles, straps, etc.

I have the "case/bag" that came with the fly more kit but it is way too bulky!

Wonder if anyone has a similar use case. Thanks

I have yet to find a commercially available backpack that fits my needs. I modify military backpacks and they work well for me. I need a backpack that will work in two modes: transport and operational. I like the Molle system because it allows me to add/subtract pouches for different mission requirements.

I was looking for a bag I could attach to the outside of my backpack. I could use it for extra gear but it would also function as a bag for the drone when I didn't want to carry the entire backpack.

This is my rig for a 3d2n trip I took last week to the Vietnam/Laos border.

IMG_1275 511 rig.JPG

On the right side of the backpack, you can see a cylindrical pouch attached using the Molle system.

This is an Orca Water Bottle Pouch. It held all my clothing for this trip, but its alternate use is as a low-profile bag for drone ops. It can fit a Mavic 2 Pro, 2 extra batteries (3 batteries total) and the controller (with joysticks stowed.) After it's filled with the drone gear, there isn't room for a postage stamp.

Might be what you're looking for. It works perfectly for my needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Had a look on the DJI store.
The Mavic 2 shoulder bag is an incredible £99 I think that is a ridiculous price for what it is.

Had a look on eBay, loads of choice for little money so I suggest you take a look.

The Mavic 2 shoulder bag is an incredible £99 I think that is a ridiculous price for what it is.

Had a look on eBay, loads of choice for little money so I suggest you take a look.

I think he mentioned the flymore bag was too bulky for his purposes.

I have yet to find a commercially available backpack that fits my needs. I modify military backpacks and they work well for me. I need a backpack that will work in two modes: transport and operational. I like the Molle system because it allows me to add/subtract pouches for different mission requirements.

I was looking for a bag I could attach to the outside of my backpack. I could use it for extra gear but it would also function as a bag for the drone when I didn't want to carry the entire backpack.

This is my rig for a 3d2n trip I took last week to the Vietnam/Laos border.

View attachment 83452

On the right side of the backpack, you can see a cylindrical pouch attached using the Molle system.

This is an Orca Water Bottle Pouch. It held all my clothing for this trip, but its alternate use is as a low-profile bag for drone ops. It can fit a Mavic 2 Pro, 2 extra batteries (3 batteries total) and the controller (with joysticks stowed.) After it's filled with the drone gear, there isn't room for a postage stamp.

Might be what you're looking for. It works perfectly for my needs.

Where do you stow the remote in the pouch? Inside the extra pocket? Looks like it's a snug fit!

And yes, I am probably looking for something similar to that but without the extra straps, zippers, hooks, etc. Pretty much bare bones just to be placed inside the pack.

I could sew my own or modify an existing but better to see if something fits perfectly first.

Yeah I have that bag right now, it came with the fly more kit.

It is a bit bulkier than I want though. Don't really need the hand carry straps, extra padding, etc. And the leather makes it heavy.. :/

Where do you stow the remote in the pouch? Inside the extra pocket? Looks like it's a snug fit!

And yes, I am probably looking for something similar to that but without the extra straps, zippers, hooks, etc. Pretty much bare bones just to be placed inside the pack.

I could sew my own or modify an existing but better to see if something fits perfectly first.

With the joysticks stowed, the remote fits inside the square pocket. The M2P fits snugly inside the main tube and a battery can be fit on top before zipping the cap closed. There is a bottom cap that holds another battery.

The fit of the Mavic 2 is so snug, I have to be careful to make sure the props are aligned when inserting.

The strap is removable, but allows the whole ensemble to function as your complete drone bag for shooting, assuming you're carrying your mobile phone separately. The H2O patch is velcro and can be removed, but it could add some "camouflage" to what you're carrying. I chose to omit it.

It sounds like you're looking for a way to store your Mavic internally in another backpack/bag. This pouch adds the capability to be used independently, but with some added bulk in the form of the molle straps.

I live overseas and move every few weeks/months and have limited possessions that fit in two backpacks, so the molle system works for me. My kit needs to be as multipurpose, modular and expeditionary as possible.

The backpack above is my actual backpack for drone shooting. It enables me to carry the Mavic, 4 batteries, an iPad mini, another camera, binoculars, rain gear, first aid, etc. for a full day of touring. In transport mode, it carries a lot more.

On my last three day trip, the attached Orca pouch carried all of my clothing, enabled me to travel with one pack, and upon reaching my destination it offered something other than 'all or nothing' for drone ops.

Definitely worth the $20 for my needs. Let me know if you need photos.

Been hunting for the smallest / lightest bag for the mavic 2 pro + remote.
Wouldn't call it a case because I don't really need much padding. Just a tiny bit to absorb shock of going up and down while walking.

Use case is to put inside my backpacking / hiking backpack.

Found this one here but it only does the drone, no remote. Although, I could just put the remote + battery in a separate bag since those are unlikely to be damaged easily.
View attachment 83435

I use a soft bag for my camera, something like this.. which lets me pack the rest of my backpacking gear around the camera.
Basically don't want anything bulky with extra handles, straps, etc.

I have the "case/bag" that came with the fly more kit but it is way too bulky!

Wonder if anyone has a similar use case. Thanks
Try one of these to match:
0A00BAAE-4951-435B-93EA-B4EC225A6B9A.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60