DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller + Allientech DUO II Modification

When you buy a Ferrari, probably you never will use the top speed. Is just the solid acceleration. Applying this to drones, I like the penetration that the DUO II has and solid connection that has without delays.

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Not bad for where hes flying over, I’ve done 7,000 meter + over land with not as much signal interference as that, using the parayagi with SC and M2Z Ce model hacked to FCC 5.8..
Found out today, my local shop where I bought my M2Z,and Mini from ,can do the SC /Alientech conversion for around $30..but he warned me customs might require me to apply for a license to import it., as mentioned before I had this scenario with a simple miracast device.
I like the options with 2.4 _and 5.8, the click on and off Is very good...but still wondering if it’s really worth the hassle?

Not bad for where hes flying over, I’ve done 7,000 meter + over land with not as much signal interference as that, using the parayagi with SC and M2Z Ce model hacked to FCC 5.8..
Found out today, my local shop where I bought my M2Z,and Mini from ,can do the SC /Alientech conversion for around $30..but he warned me customs might require me to apply for a license to import it., as mentioned before I had this scenario with a simple miracast device.
I like the options with 2.4 _and 5.8, the click on and off Is very good...but still wondering if it’s really worth the hassle[emoji848]

ship it USPS,then you'll get it back via DHL.... shoot him a email... im sure he'll get back to you with the rigjt answers...thats what i did...Haven't done test it out try it out you can always sell it on here if you're not happy with it I'm sure somebody will take it off your hands easily good luck keep us posted if you decide to do the SC/Duo2 mod

ship it USPS,then you'll get it back via DHL.... shoot him a email... im sure he'll get back to you with the rigjt answers...thats what i did...Haven't done test it out try it out you can always sell it on here if you're not happy with it I'm sure somebody will take it off your hands easily good luck keep us posted if you decide to do the SC/Duo2 mod
Was going to buy from Ali Express,where I have bought number of items.
The delivery is very slow, but would have a better chance of slipping through,as other expensive items have previously.
The courier company's especially DHL get everything checked and clearly state the contents,for import duty $ and any possible license requirements.
I'm reluctantly leaning towards sticking with what I have....and maybe treat myself to the new Oculus instead.
Never mind just arrived for short holiday at beautiful Railay beach Krabi,and brought my mini , battery's charged for morning flight.
Thanks for info you provided ?

Was going to buy from Ali Express,where I have bought number of items.
The delivery is very slow, but would have a better chance of slipping through,as other expensive items have previously.
The courier company's especially DHL get everything checked and clearly state the contents,for import duty $ and any possible license requirements.
I'm reluctantly leaning towards sticking with what I have....and maybe treat myself to the new Oculus instead.
Never mind just arrived for short holiday at beautiful Railay beach Krabi,and brought my mini , battery's charged for morning flight.
Thanks for info you provided [emoji106]

your welcome...enjoy your vacation...!

I like the options with 2.4 _and 5.8, the click on and off Is very good...but still wondering if it’s really worth the hassle?
Sounds like you've found the solution for the SC conversion. That's a really good price !.
I'm in Malaysia and have had problems with importing drones. Of course, I'm a person and not a licensed company. You might have your local shop get it for you.
Having said that, I've bought antennas and accessories from 4Hawks and Alientech and never once had a problem, they come straight in. 4Hawks used Fedex and Alientech uses DHL.
You might contact Alientech and ask them about sending items into Thailand. They have always been quick to respond and great to deal with. "[email protected]"

Reactions: Pushkur
Here's the pics of my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1727.JPG
    IMG_1727.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
Here's the pics of my setup.
Nice !
So you went with the QMA extenders. Do they feel like they are "weak" (fragile") with the DUO II on being further out ?
What make are the omnis that you also show ? DB Gain ? How's the signal strength and distance ?

Nice !
So you went with the QMA extenders. Do they feel like they are "weak" (fragile") with the DUO II on being further out ?
What make are the omnis that you also show ? DB Gain ? How's the signal strength and distance ?

I too have the QMA extenders and yes with the Duo 2 , they do feel flimsy and I'm afraid they might break off and do damage to my smart controller so therefore I shaved off a little bit of the aluminum off my Lifthor bracket just aboved the lettering which perfectly snaps on a good fit of my Duo2.... what tripod is that your using & are those antennas any good? i also have the Alientech 2.4/5.8 antennas also.... i have a brand new 2.4ghz w/Smart Controller kit for sale if anyones intrested....View attachment 115829

Nice !

IMG_4789.JPG

I've had no issues with the QMA extenders. They feel solid to me in the controller. I travel with this controller on shoots around the country and it's had no problems at all.
I don't even think twice about them being fragile.

There's plenty of space between the LiftThor and the Alientech. Probably around .5 inch or more, so I didn't have to modify the LiftThor in any way.

The tripod is just for setting the controller up on a desktop so it balances well given the weight of the external monitor & battery. It's a cheap mini tripod you can easily find on Amazon.

Reactions: Gary R and zeusfl
I've had no issues with the QMA extenders. They feel solid to me in the controller. I travel with this controller on shoots around the country and it's had no problems at all.
I don't even think twice about them being fragile.

There's plenty of space between the LiftThor and the Alientech. Probably around .5 inch or more, so I didn't have to modify the LiftThor in any way.

The tripod is just for setting the controller up on a desktop so it balances well given the weight of the external monitor & battery. It's a cheap mini tripod you can easily find on Amazon.
You now need the DUO II to have dual frequency available.

Good day everyone, so did the mod on my smart controller for my Mavic 2 pro, with the alienware duo, the mod was actually not as bad as I expected. Watched u tube video and it took about an hour and some change. My question, because Alienware does not have the best support for there products, just my humble opinion. Is, do I have to make any changes on the controller to facilitate the mod? If anyone has some info I would be grateful for any settings changes for the antenna. I tested it yesterday, and yes, did get some distance, but I actually expected more. I have another Alienware antenna, non battery powered and Im impressed with is capabilities. So I figured buying the battery powered duo would be a game changer. As of now, I have not changed any settings so Im figuring thats what must be the problem. Any input would be appreciated. Thank You very much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000