DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller + Allientech DUO II Modification

You dont had to do that. All you need is the QMA-QMA extenders.
That's a good pic. Great advice... Tks
I've got some QMA extenders that I've used with other drones and Alientech products. It just feels a bit soft (flimsy) when extending the larger antennas out that far. Probably just me.
From your pic it looks like the HDMI cable might be tight (bent) when the DUO II is on ? Would a right angle HDMI connector work ?

Reactions: zeusfl
That's a good pic. Great advice... Tks
I've got some QMA extenders that I've used with other drones and Alientech products. It just feels a bit soft (flimsy) when extending the larger antennas out that far. Probably just me.
From your pic it looks like the HDMI cable might be tight (bent) when the DUO II is on ? Would a right angle HDMI connector work ?

i agree the qma extenders i have aslo from Alientech ,but feels like it will easily " break off" the one or both the qma's posts,but it feels "flimsy"... yes i do have a angled hdmi cable from SC to extra monitor...its a tight fit but feels more securely on...still lookn to how to tinker & fine tune the idea of that mod set up

Last edited:
Nooo sunshade needed at all, & didnt notice any kind of rapid battery drain either
I have the same setup..but not the
duo 2....getting tempted though,especially with the quick change over to antennas !
There is a decicated hood for the Feelworld monitor models,despite the 2000 +nits,they are worth having ,as they are cheap,and more or less eliminate all reflection.
Useful advice about the Lifthor slight modification,to fit the duo 2.
Only negative with the SC Lifthor I found was, it hides the 5 small battery indicator lights.
I don't like the other model for standard remotes,I briefly tried it with mini and iPad pro 12.7...to much plastic imo to risk an expensive tablet,and yes bit too top heavy,even with a lanyard ?

I have the same setup..but not the
duo 2....getting tempted though,especially with the quick change over to antennas !
There is a decicated hood for the Feelworld monitor models,despite the 2000 +nits,they are worth having ,as they are cheap,and more or less eliminate all reflection.
Useful advice about the Lifthor slight modification,to fit the duo 2.
Only negative with the SC Lifthor I found was, it hides the 5 small battery indicator lights.
I don't like the other model for standard remotes,I briefly tried it with mini and iPad pro 12.7...to much plastic imo to risk an expensive tablet,and yes bit too top heavy,even with a lanyard [emoji28]

i didnt find a screen hood cover to the FeelWorld 279s monitor? and i can see my battery led lights fine with the Lifthor SC monitor just fine as in the picture...a lil top heavy yes! but its ok for me....the DUO2 is awesome thoIMG_4908.JPG

i didnt find a screen hood cover to the FeelWorld 279s monitor? and i can see my battery led lights fine with the Lifthor SC monitor just fine as in the picture...a lil top heavy yes! but its ok for me....the DUO2 is awesome thoView attachment 115679
Harry how many nits has that monitor? Do you feel any lag in the video since is coming from HDMI ?

i didnt find a screen hood cover to the FeelWorld 279s monitor? and i can see my battery led lights fine with the Lifthor SC monitor just fine as in the picture...a lil top heavy yes! but its ok for me....the DUO2 is awesome thoView attachment 115679
The lights must be getting obscured by the SC silicon protective jacket,the Lifthor squeezing it over the lights.
I got the hood on Ali Express,it's not a click fit,it's a sticky velcro,but works fine.
The top heavy comment was about the Thor for the standard remote feeling top heavy,with my ipad.
The Lifthor with the Feelworld is a little top heavy,but I have the lanyard taking some of the weight.
Just watched the You tube SM mod..I don't fancy doing it myself, will try find someone local who has the skill to do it.
Pulling it apart knowing how much it cost is rather daunting.

The lights must be getting obscured by the SC silicon protective jacket,the Lifthor squeezing it over the lights.
I got the hood on Ali Express,it's not a click fit,it's a sticky velcro,but works fine.
The top heavy comment was about the Thor for the standard remote feeling top heavy,with my ipad.
The Lifthor with the Feelworld is a little top heavy,but I have the lanyard taking some of the weight.
Just watched the You tube SM mod..I don't fancy doing it myself, will try find someone local who has the skill to do it.
Pulling it apart knowing how much it cost is rather daunting.

i had sent my SC to have the mod installed ,turn around time took about 2weeks,was highly recommended by Alientech to ship my SC to them heres a pic of their card...check em out on their FB pageIMG_4909.JPG thats their card...was$75 shipped/returned/insured

Reactions: Pushkur
Harry how many nits has that monitor? Do you feel any lag in the video since is coming from HDMI ?

hey ZeusFL...its 2200nits very light,with med size battery & with a angled hdmi flat cable,i have not experienced any lag in video nor other issues...works really good... LifThor SC Pro / FeelWorld FW279 7" COMBO | thors-drone-world FEELWORLD FW279S 7 Inch 2200nit Daylight Viewable Camera Field Monitor 3G-SDI 4K HDMI Input Output 1920X1200 IPS Panel-Zhangzhou SEETEC Optoelectronics TechnologyCo.,Lt

i had sent my SC to have the mod installed ,turn around time took about 2weeks,was highly recommended by Alientech to ship my SC to them heres a pic of their card...check em out on their FB pageView attachment 115689 thats their card...was$75 shipped/returned/insured
I sent mine to KL (Kuala Lumpur) from Penang. 1 day courier, 1 day to do the mod (I guess a couple hours), and back the next day. Cost me RM 350 (US84) inc shipping.

Where are you at ?

Northern New Jersey,USA
Interesting. Did you have any customs problems or additional paperwork bringing it back in ?

I've got a couple friends that have had repairs and mods done at covertdrones in Minnesota. Nothing but good reports. Might be quicker if any further mods are needed.

Interesting. Did you have any customs problems or additional paperwork bringing it back in ?

I've got a couple friends that have had repairs and mods done at covertdrones in Minnesota. Nothing but good reports. Might be quicker if any further mods are needed.
I'm looking for somewhere insideThailand,anywhere outside runs the risk of expensive import duty.
Almost all DHL and FedEx courier get scrutinized.
Also possible license required, for any kind of transmitter,they are not sure about.
I had a miracast stopped recently ?

none whatsoever...i even sent it via USPS just filled out a form & paid it

I'm looking for somewhere insideThailand,anywhere outside runs the risk of expensive import duty.
Almost all DHL and FedEx courier get scrutinized.
Also possible license required, for any kind of transmitter,they are not sure about.
I had a miracast stopped recently [emoji28]

i used USPS to send it,then received via DHL....

no i sent it to them via USPS recieved via DHL ,they were highly recommended by AlientechIMG_4909.JPG

Last edited:
hey ZeusFL...its 2200nits very light,with med size battery & with a angled hdmi flat cable,i have not experienced any lag in video nor other issues...works really good... LifThor SC Pro / FeelWorld FW279 7" COMBO | thors-drone-world FEELWORLD FW279S 7 Inch 2200nit Daylight Viewable Camera Field Monitor 3G-SDI 4K HDMI Input Output 1920X1200 IPS Panel-Zhangzhou SEETEC Optoelectronics TechnologyCo.,Lt
Wow 2200 nits is cool. Thank you for the information !!

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov