DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller and Google Play

I stumbled upon a way to make the Google Play Store and apps work on the DJI Smart Controller. So far a few people over at DJI Forums have tried it and it seems to be working. Here the link to the tutorial I created:

Feel free to drop me a line and let me know how it was for you!
It worked like a charm, until I logged in with my GSuite account, then it made me put on lock screen security. Apparently the Smart Controller touchscreen doesn't work until after android loads, and android doesn't load until after you unlock the screen. Firmware upgrade/downgrade fails consistently at the installation point. It will hook up to the Mavic 2, but still nothing shows on the screen but the unlock pattern dots. That hard reset button combination would really be useful about now.

It worked like a charm, until I logged in with my GSuite account, then it made me put on lock screen security. Apparently the Smart Controller touchscreen doesn't work until after android loads, and android doesn't load until after you unlock the screen. Firmware upgrade/downgrade fails consistently at the installation point. It will hook up to the Mavic 2, but still nothing shows on the screen but the unlock pattern dots. That hard reset button combination would really be useful about now.

Have you gotten any progress on this?! I just locked myself out of the controller doing the exact same thing first day out of the box. I'm pretty bummed. I haven't even flown my bird yet. I can get as far at the pin entry screen on the controller, and only as far as the 0% updating on Assistant 2 (with both v1.00.0530 and v1.00.0400). Does anyone have any headway on this issue? I can't find a way to reset the controller at all. I talked to DJI tech support and they said they would get back to be in 24-48. SMH.

Have you gotten any progress on this?! I just locked myself out of the controller doing the exact same thing first day out of the box. I'm pretty bummed. I haven't even flown my bird yet. I can get as far at the pin entry screen on the controller, and only as far as the 0% updating on Assistant 2 (with both v1.00.0530 and v1.00.0400). Does anyone have any headway on this issue? I can't find a way to reset the controller at all. I talked to DJI tech support and they said they would get back to be in 24-48. SMH.
I tried to unlock the controller with a 3rd party android unlocker, but it was not compatible. Then I opened a case with dji, got a shipping label, and sent it in. After 10 business days, they were still 'assessing damage,' so I contacted them again. They sent a message that included 'free', 'under warranty' and an invoice for a new main board and a service charge. Apparently, it's all covered, but their communication has been lacking. According to their most recent communication, I'm getting a "new or equivalent" controller, and it has shipped. I think we need a 'go fund me' page to send a Smart Controller to someone at XDA Devs. It should have taken them 10 minutes, and no cost to re-flash my controller and send it back.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead